Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is seeking a Director, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning for a potential USAID-funded new malaria, maternal and child health (MCH) and family planning (FP) activity in Cote d’Ivoire.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
The Director, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning is responsible for the following:
- Design, implement and oversee the M&E system including the development of indicators, setting targets, monitoring project progress, ensuring timely data collection, writing quarterly and annual reports in compliance with USAID systems.
- Develop an M&E plan consistent with the USAID results framework; coordinate data collection; monitor quality and completeness of data sets; provide evidence based strategic technical guidance to the project, and document project performance against established outputs and indicators.
- Oversee the implementation of the project’s health information system (HIS) efforts, including the implementation and use of MSH DHIS2-based information system.
- Enhance data use for decision making to improve performance of the project, maximizing health impact.
- Building the capacity of the Ministry of Health (MOH) and other stakeholders in the collection, utilization, and dissemination of data, and in building and using sustainable HIS.
- Collaborate with the project team in identifying project activities, processes and/or outcomes for documentation, and design a system for capturing lessons learned and best practices.
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters’ degree in public health, epidemiology, statistics or other related field.
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing M&E activities and special studies for complex health programs of similar size and scope to HSS in developing countries.
- Master capacity in DHIS2, and experience in developing and using health information systems.
- Extensive experience working in developing countries, preferably in Western Africa.
- Familiarity with the structure, systems and policies of the health sector in Cote d’Ivoire.
- Experience using a Collaborative Learning Plan to inform activity implementation.
- Strong technical knowledge of M&E methodologies.
- Good knowledge of the health information systems in Cote d’Ivoire.
- Ability to develop and oversee a strong M&E system that collects data related to improved local governance, financial management capacity, service delivery, etc, at the regional, district, and community levels.
- Ability to analyze and interpret large amounts of data and clearly present it to decision-makers.
- Fluency in French and strong English language skills. Demonstrated strong writing and oral presentation skills in English.
- Must be willing to travel within Cote d’Ivoire.
Local nationals of Cote d’Ivoire are encouraged to apply.
Applications are only accepted online.