The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is the only global intergovernmental organization exclusively devoted to promoting the rule of law and access to justice. With its Headquarters in Rome, Italy, a Program Office in The Hague, United Nations Liaison Offices in New York, and Geneva,IDLO carries out rule of law and justice programs through 17 country offices operating in every region of the world.
The Department of Human Resources and Office Services (HROS) designs, manages, coordinates, implements and evaluates IDLO’s human resource policies, strategies, processes, and procedures for a dynamic global workforce of some 400 international and local employees. The Department is also responsible for administering and coordinating Office Services, including facilities management and travel, and shares with other relevant departments the responsibility for ensuring the security and well-being of IDLO staff and effective human resources support to field offices.
The Director of Human Resources and Office Services reports directly to and supports the IDLO Director-General in carrying out her responsibilities. Within the overall strategic vision and direction set by the Director-General, the Director will provide overall supervision of the Department and provide leadership within the Organization, including as a member of the Organization’s Senior Leadership Team.
The incumbent will be delegated relevant responsibilities in the following areas:
- Oversee, manage and provide leadership for the overall human resources management and office services work of the Department, including the provision of operational direction, guidance and supervision of colleagues leading the various human resources and office services functions, consistent with IDLO Employment Regulations and Rules and the operational needs of a dynamic multi-sited organization with a mobile international workforce.
Lead the development of innovative human resources strategies, policies, and other systems, including reviewing existing HR regulations, rules and procedures with the intention of proposing, updating and improving existing methodologies and practice to improve organizational performance.
Ensure the application of IDLO human resources rules, regulations and policies and effective human resources management throughout the Organization by providing strategic advice to senior management, providing or overseeing operational guidance to managers in all departments and offices throughout the organization, and by promoting good practices and innovative approaches, with a strong client service approach for IDLO employees, other relevant personnel, and external stakeholders.
Ensure that IDLO can achieve its mission and objectives through the development and maintenance of an effective workforce through strengthened workforce planning and talent acquisition and maintenance, including effective and timely employee selection and recruitment processes.
Promote the well-being of IDLO employees and the effectiveness of IDLO by building and supporting an organizational culture of learning, staff development and continuous professional improvement.
Advance organizational effectiveness and the professional development of employees through the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of an updated system of performance management.
Encourage healthy and productive employee-management relations through regular internal communications and dialogue, including engagement with the IDLO Staff Association.
Manage employee grievances, disciplinary matters, and related actions, and support the prevention and resolution of conflicts,consistent with IDLO regulations, rules,policies, and procedures, as appropriate in coordination with other concerned senior managers and the General Counsel’s office.
Oversee global field operations support functions including to plan, establish, adjust, or close IDLO field offices, ensuring effective coordination with other departments and functions, including finance, budget, human resources, office services, information systems, procurement, and logistics.
Safeguard the security and well-being of IDLO staff and preserve organizational security by overseeing the security management functions, including the safety and security of employees and other concerned personnel, as well as property and assets in all IDLO locations.
Serve as a member of the IDLO Senior Leadership Team and contribute to the implementation of IDLO’s Strategic and Management Plans.
Lead the Department’s staff by providing clear direction, fostering staff development, and implementing performance management through ongoing dialogue, feedback, and mentoring; motivate and support staff with a view to fostering a teamwork approach in meeting objectives and goals; and maintain effective working relationships within a multi-cultural setting.
Lead the development,implementation, and monitoring and evaluation ofan annual program of work and budget for the Department.
Promote and maintain the highest standards of integrity in all human resources and office servicesactivities.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Education and Professional Experience
- Advanced university degree in Public Administration, Business or Commerce, Human Resources, Law, International Relations, or a related field, ideally with a relevant post-graduate qualification or professional certification.
- Minimum 15 years of progressive professional experience in relevant senior positions, including leadership experience in human resources or management and administration, preferably with an international organization.
- Demonstrated experience in public sector international organizations or private sector entities known for progressive human resources andmanagement practices.
- Strong professional networksin human resources or management and administration would be an asset.
- Relevant experience and public presence to provide leadership within the Organization and to interact with senior managers and counterparts externally.
- Field experience would be an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English.Knowledge ofFrench or Spanishwould be desirable.
Skills, Knowledge and Technical Competencies
- Strong leadership and management skills and competencies, as they relate to non-profit/multi-cultural and complex organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Sound judgement, collaborative approach and strong team-building capacities.
- Strong commitment to gender equality, cultural diversity, and inclusive approaches.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality and timely results.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Experience in a field-oriented organization, including familiarity with security risk management in fragile country contexts, would be an asset.
- Willingness to travel, including to conflict-affected countries,when necessary.
- Proficiency in all relevant technologies.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate and values.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
For this internationally recruited position, IDLO will offer the selected candidate a Professional Fixed-Term Contract of 24 months, with the possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding, at an annual basic salary of EUR €105,400**,** a leave and benefit package, including home leave, provident fund, and health insurancein accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules. Relocation, installation, expatriate, and educational allowances are also available for internationally recruited employees in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules.
Salaries paid by IDLO to employees are exempt from taxation in Italy. IDLO employees are responsible for compliance with income tax laws of their country of nationality or residence and/or any other relevant fiscal jurisdiction.
In the interest of making most effective use of resources, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the staff member assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs, as necessary.
Application deadline is 9 November 2020.**