General Description of the Programme/GOAL
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
GOAL has an annual budget of an estimated €100 million and is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.
GOAL’s Public Fundraising programme is focused on building support for GOAL’s work around the world with the Irish public. Direct Marketing (Individual Giving) is a core part of this programme, using a broad range of marketing strategies to solicit donations, including direct mail, digital, radio and phone marketing.
The Direct and Digital Marketing Officer will play an important role delivering GOAL’s Direct Marketing (Individual Giving) programme. The role will be focused on supporting the Global Individual Giving Manager to deliver a range of direct mail campaigns, ongoing and annual digital marketing campaigns and ensuring GOAL supporters have a positive experience, ensuring their long term support.
Duties and responsibilities
Support the delivery of direct mail and integrated campaigns.
· Support in the development of new campaigns, including sourcing content from the field, managing designers, mail house and print suppliers and mailing data processes.
· Coordinate and manage all key steps of a campaign to ensure on time delivery.
· Develop and share reports on campaign performance and analysis.
Support the development and delivery of digital marketing and donation campaigns.
· Work with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to develop, launch, monitor and review digital marketing campaigns focused on securing online donations.
· Identify new and improved approaches to optimise digital marketing campaigns, including testing different creative approaches, audience targeting and messaging.
· Support the development and delivery of major digital campaigns, including GOAL’s Christmas campaign and any major emergency appeals.
Support the ongoing development of excellent supporter care approaches and processes.
· Support when required donor care processes including donation processing, acknowledgement letter fulfilment, thank you calls and other important supporter touchpoints.
· Identify and propose solutions to gaps or issues in the GOAL Supporter Experience to ensure long term supporter retention.
Support the development and delivery of campaigns and activities focused on growing GOAL’s monthly giving donor base.
· Monitor, review and report on GOAL’s monthly giving donor base, including attrition rates, tenure and retention drivers.
· Manage activities across different channels focused on acquisition of new monthly donors.
Key Performance Objectives
· Successful delivery of direct marketing campaigns in support of the Global Individual Giving Manager.
· Strong and effective relationships built with internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
· Improvement in key supporter metrics including donor retention, attrition, donation RFV.
· Ability to effectively support across a range of areas and campaigns to support overall income for the GOAL Fundraising Team.
Proactive and effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
Superior attention to detail ensuring all activities are completed to a high standard and accurately.
Creative approaches to solving fundraising challenges, solving both internal and external problems.
Requirements (Person Specification)
· A third level qualification, preferably to either degree or post graduate Diploma or Masters in Business / Marketing with significant Digital Marketing course content is required.
· A minimum post graduate work experience of 12 months in Digital Marketing / Direct Marketing with a Digital focus.
· A thorough understanding of Digital platforms, Social Media, PPC, Paid social, SEO and AdWords are a must.
· A good team player with the ability to manage individual workstreams and projects is important
· Flexibility with an ability to turn projects around quickly, e.g. in the event of an emergency, is a requirement.
· Experience working in a Digital marketing / communications / fundraising role with an NGO will be a distinct advantage.
· An interest in global affairs, the challenges facing the global south, climate change etc would be advantageous.
General Terms and Conditions**
GOAL has a suite of integrity policies which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants, children, vulnerable people and staff from exploitation. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies and employee obligations. Job offers may be subject to police clearance.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.*