Emerging and future digital technologies and the opportunities they offer will profoundly improve the lives of those furthest behind. Recognizing this potential, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has launched an organization-wide digital transformation that will splice digital into its DNA—harnessing its potential to do good for more people, better and faster. UNDP’s 2019-2021 Digital Strategy has created a new UNDP Digital Unit, charged with leading next wave of innovation in sustainable development.
UNDP is the development arm of United Nations. Present in 170 countries with over 17,000 people, UNDP works on the world’s biggest problems: extreme poverty, climate change, good governance, renewable energy, crisis prevention and women’s empowerment, among others.
We are leveraging the power and agility of digital to propel all people forward, starting with digital initiative development, scaling innovation, and communicating this organizational change internally and externally. To achieve this, we need a team that's nimble, that's passionate, that has the technical skills required to help close the digital divide. Are you one of these people? Read more about our digital strategy here.
To bring digital around the globe, we need someone who would rise to the challenge, understands the possesses, and has ambition for impact. In particular, we are looking for someone with the following capabilities:
- Able to effectively manage and ensure the healthy operations of the CDO function which includes monitoring and oversight of financial systems in accordance with UNDP rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provide support to programme and project implementation for optimization of delivery through recruitment for the CDO function
- Execute various operational duties, enabling the digital transformation team to function smoothly
The position of the Digital Transformation Project Specialist will be part of the team under Chief Digital Officer and report to the Chief Digital Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
The Digital Transformation Project Specialist will be responsible to:
Track and analyze operational resources and assets for routine business planning and decisions
· Provide regular reports of operational resources and assets for routine business planning and financial decisions
· Assist in CDO staffing needs for scale up of the CDO function
· Complete daily operational tasks to ensure healthy functioning of operational systems
· Compare digital efforts with similar agencies and for-profit companies to communicate best practices and governance exercises
Support to programme and project implementation for optimization of delivery
· Routinely evaluate performance of digital operations and implement recommendations for improvement
· Collaborate with IT teams to determine operational improvements for CDO function
· Propose measures to improve efficiency and effectiveness based on a review and analysis of the existing workflows, tools and systems employed by the digital team
· Support effective and accurate financial resource management, efficient procurement management and strategic human resources management
Financial and Administrative management of the project:
· Prepare and implement the annual project budget and the recruitment and procurement plan;
· Mobilize personnel, goods and services, training and initiate activities;
· Closely coordinate the recruitment s of CDO office core capacity;
· Monitor and synergize the performance of the project’s staff and experts;
· Monitor the timely delivery of the project budget;
· Perform regular financial reporting on quarterly and annual basis;
· Monitor financial resources and accounting to ensure the accuracy and reliability of financial reports of the project and that all financial and budgetary processes are in accordance with UNDP standards and procedures and submitting financial reports to UNDP on a quarterly basis;
Support developing digital learning strategies and its implementation in different Bureaus
· Provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training programs to communicate changes
· Help different bureaus respond to and embrace market, regulatory, and process changes triggered by emerging digital technologies
· Contribute to practice development initiatives including culture building, internal community involvement, recruiting, whitepapers, etc.
· Facilitate knowledge sharing activities within and between CDO functions and other relevant counterparts;
Innovation - Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Leadership -Ability to persuade others to follow
People Management - Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Communication - Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Delivery - Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to build strong and sustainable relationships and capability to interact at all levels within the organization.
• Ability to deliver in a high pressure environment
• Ability to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, mixing long-term projects with the urgency of immediate demands.
• Ability to collaborate with and achieve actionable results
• Ability to challenge, convince and manage multiple stakeholders
• Ability to effectively drive business, culture, and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment.
• Strong conceptual thinking to develop new strategies & innovative projects
• Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy
• Fully committed and motivated to achieve the aims of UNDP and the SDGs
Required Skills and Experience
• Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required
• Bachelor’s Degree is acceptable with additional 2 years of experience in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or related field
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in operations context - including finance, budgeting, and souring of digital products and services (at least one year in budgeting or financial management);
• Excellent administrative and computer skills, including Microsoft Office, and knowledge of spreadsheet, database packages and ERP system;
• Previous experience with a multilateral or international organization is desirable
• Professional experience with a UN agency, NGO, or other multilateral organization in mobilizing partnerships aimed at achieving a sustainable development agenda is a plus
• Experience of building cross-sector partnerships and cross-culture understandings
• Working knowledge of UNDP’s development priorities and operational rules and procedures is a plus
- Fluency in English is required; fluency in another UN language is an asset.
The application package containing the following (to be uploaded as one file):
? Personal CV
Note: The above documents need to be scanned in one file and uploaded to the online application as one document.
Applicants are reviewed based on Required Skills and Experience stated above and based on the technical evaluation criteria outlined below. Applicants will be evaluated based on cumulative scoring. When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
? Being responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
? Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation where technical criteria weighs 70% and Financial criteria/ Proposal weighs 30%.
Technical evaluation - Total 70% (70 points)
This will be a two-step process:
Desk review of applications based on the following criteria:
Demonstrated experience in operational functions (e.g. financial, procurement, recruitment). (Maximum points: 30 points)
Demonstrated experience using digital productivity tools for operational coordination. (Maximum :20 points)
Depth and range of relevant experience in strategic planning and project management. (Maximum points: 10 points)
Demonstrated experience in a social mission-drive organization. (Maximum points: 10 points)
Candidates with a minimum scored of 49 points (70% of 70 points) will be short-listed for the financial evaluation.
Financial evaluation - Total 30% (30 points)
The following formula will be used to evaluate financial proposal:
p = y (µ/z), where
p = points for the financial proposal being evaluated
y = maximum number of points for the financial proposal
µ = price of the lowest priced proposal
z = price of the proposal being evaluated
Shortlisted candidates (ONLY) will be requested to submit a Financial Proposal.
? The financial proposal should specify an all-inclusive daily fee (based on an 8-hour working day with 1-hour lunch included - and estimated 21.75 days per month).
? The financial proposal must be all-inclusive and take into account various expenses that will be incurred during the contract, including: the daily professional fee; cost of travel from the home base to the duty station and vice versa, where required; living allowances at the duty station; communications, utilities and consumables; life, health and any other insurance; risks and inconveniences related to work under hardship and hazardous conditions (e.g., personal security needs, etc.), when applicable; and any other relevant expenses related to the performance of services under the contract.
? In the case of unforeseeable travel requested by UNDP, payment of travel costs including tickets, lodging and terminal expenses should be agreed upon, between UNDP and Individual Consultant, prior to travel and will be reimbursed. In general, UNDP should not accept travel costs exceeding those of an economy class ticket. Should the IC wish to travel on a higher class he/she should do so using their own resources.
? If the Offeror is employed by an organization/company/institution, and he/she expects his/her employer to charge a management fee in the process of releasing him/her to UNDP under a Reimbursable Loan Agreement (RLA), the Offeror must indicate at this point, and ensure that all such costs are duly incorporated in the financial proposal submitted to UNDP.
The Financial Proposal is to be emailed as per the instruction in the separate email that will be sent to shortlisted candidates.
Candidate obtaining the highest combined scores in the combined score of Technical and Financial evaluation will be considered technically qualified and will be offered to enter into contract with UNDP.
The consultant will work under the guidance and direct supervision of Chief Digital Officer and will be responsible for the fulfilment of the deliverables as specified above.
? Payment to the Individual Contractor will be made based on the actual number of days worked, deliverables accepted and upon certification of satisfactory completion by the manager.