OVERSEAS DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE
Public Affairs and Communications
Salary: £41,575 - £51,466
The UK’s leading independent think tank on international development and humanitarian issues.
ODI is an independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable and peaceful world in
which every person thrives. We harness the power of evidence and ideas through
research and partnership to confront challenges, develop solutions and create change.
The Public Affairs and Communications (PAC) team leads on dissemination and engagement for ODI. Our role is to maximise the impact of ODI’s research, analysis and convening. Last year we produced over 250 publications, held over 50 public events and maintained one of the highest profile digital platforms in the sector – with over a million visits to our website and healthy social media engagement. As ODI turns 60 we have put impactful and collaborative digital engagement with global audiences at the heart of our work.
We are looking for an experienced Digital Manager who can lead ODI’s digital strategy, shape our digital content and systems, and embed digital best practices across the organisation. A talented self-starter, you will manage the digital team and work closely with all members of PAC to promote high impact, responsive and quality digital engagement. You will be a forward-thinking person with strong professional skills, a committed team player and excellent communicator. You will be familiar with working in a content focused environment and be comfortable working alongside technical and thematic experts on development and global affairs. You will be joining a team of public affairs and communications professionals who are passionate about ODI’s mission and changing the world for the better.
You will have:
· Strong editorial judgement and a track record in developing innovative, excellent digital content, especially blogs and multimedia.
- Experience of influencing and persuading individuals from different disciplines to deliver high-quality digital outputs.
- Excellent project management skills, with proven ability to manage and prioritise a complex workload.
- Good understanding of strategic website development and relevant tools and technologies.
- Experience of managing teams and staff, and commissioning digital products from external agencies, developers, designers and editors.
- Strong awareness of external digital trends, willingness to innovate, and the ability to generate new ideas and bring them to fruition.
- Ability to work collegiately and confidently with senior colleagues internally.
- Excellent communications skills and interpersonal skills.
Closing date: 29 May 2020
Interview: w/c 8 June 2020
For more information, please download an application pack from our website at www.odi.org.uk/jobs. If you are experiencing difficulties downloading, please telephone 020 3327 7290 or you can send an email to email@example.com
ODI is an equal opportunities employer
Charity Reg. No.228248**