Key Internal Interfaces: DCHA/OFDA PSC Contracts
Key External Interfaces: Personal Service Contractors (PSCs), OFDA HR and HCTM, OFDA Program Teams, USAID OAA/OFDA
The Deputy PSC Recruitment Unit Lead assists the PSC Recruitment Unit Lead with managing the PSC Recruitment Unit in support of USAID/Office of The Deputy Unit Lead is highly organized, motivated, detail-oriented, and able to excel in a deadline-driven, customer-driven work environment. The Deputy Unit Lead must be able to work closely with a variety of personality types, and possesses exceptional oral and written communication skills. The Deputy Unit Lead demonstrates leadership skills and is a team player.
- Serve as backstop point of contact for Unit Lead;
- Mentor, guide, and support staff in the recruitment unit;
- Assist Unit Lead with the execution of main duties and responsibilities by participating as a member of the team facilitating the recruitment process for government staff including communicating with current and potential applicants, agency staff, and the general public and providing administrative support from preparing and posting job announcements, to collecting and reviewing application materials, conducting interviews, checking references and academic credentials, and drafting memos.
- Understand and execute the USAID PSC recruitment process: assisting in the development of solicitations, managing the application process, arranging interviews, and providing information on positions to candidates;
- Assist in the review of outgoing solicitations, selection memos, and other recruitment-related documents; ensure documents are error-free;
- Serve as a primary point of contact and manage communication with current and potential applicants, agency staff, and the general public;
- Responsible for mentoring, guiding, and training new recruitment staff;
- Maintain files, and perform other administrative tasks related to PSC recruiting including maintaining files, answering contract questions for candidates, and reporting on ongoing recruitments.
- Represent the agency at external events and identify qualified recruitment sources, networking leads, job fairs, conferences, and advertising resources to recruit and further expand the recruitment network with recruitment staff;
- In consultation with Unit lead, update and communicate recruitment priorities to team.
- Liaise with USAID/OAA Contracting Officers to ensure good working relationships;
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 6-8 plus years of related experience required; Experience working with FAR, AIDAR, and ADS regulations; Experience with PSC contracts, specifically recruitment preferred; Experience mentoring and guiding other recruiters preferred.
Skills: Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills; Reliable, highly organized, and motivated; Must excel in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment and be able to effectively shift priorities and multi-task; Excellent attention to detail; Superior oral and written communication skills Superior computer skills (MS Office Suite in a network environment) including the ability to learn new software and databases quickly.
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.