Creative Associates seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an upcoming USAID-funded Task Order in Colombia. The DCOP will be responsible for key administrative management and activity operations. The DCOP provides technical and administrative support and expertise to the project, serves as lead in the absence of the Chief of Party (COP), and serves as a significant liaison with the donor, other implementing partners, other donors, and any other key stakeholders. The DCOP will have demonstrated ability to work in complex environments and manage diverse teams to deliver impact.
USAID/Colombia's Venezuela Response and Integration (VRI) IDIQ will help Colombia respond to the social, political, and economic disruption caused by sustained mass migration from Venezuela. VRI will increase socio-economic integration by strengthening public systems and economic.
The initial $36-$40 million Task Order, Migration Management, will support the national-level policy framework needed to formalize migrants, build local government capacity to meet receptor community needs, and counter xenophobia. Migration Management will help create the legislative and administrative framework and eliminate barriers to carry out subsequent VRI IDIQ TOs that strengthen economic opportunities and health and education services. Task Order will strengthen Colombian Government's migration management capacity to document and track migrants and refer them to municipal level services, and to promote social integration and acceptance of migrants.
Reporting and Supervision:
The DCOP will report to the COP. The DCOP will supervise an operations team consisting of HR, Procurement, Logistics, Grants, IT, Security, Administrative staff, Drivers and Cleaners.
- Ensure streamlined operations systems in line and compliant with Creative policies and procedures, and U.S. Government rules and regulations;
- Ensure that all operational policies, including field operations management guide, inventory and ICT, are in place, compliant with project and donor policies, and implemented effectively; and
- Ensure an in-depth awareness of operational issues in the context of Colombia.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the program;
- Streamline and maintain procurement processes to meet grant deliverables and milestones;
- Serve as the primary liaison to all vendors and subcontractors;
- Responsible for day to day management of subcontracts with international vendors;
- Support COP in all operations tasks and duties;
- Manage, train, and mentor key project country team members in the areas of administration, logistics, human resources, procurement, IT, and grants; and
Serve as COP in COP's absence.
At least a master's degree in public administration, public management or other related fields and seven (7) years of senior management experience with progressively increasing responsibilities managing development projects;
Management, operational, and administration experience and expertise;
At least four (4) years of experience supervising complex, high-speed, and challenging field operations in developing countries;
Five (5) years of experience with operations, logistics and subcontracts in an insecure environment;
Knowledge of basic operating procedures in high-risk environments;
Experience in conflict, post-conflict, or transitional state environments;
Strong analytical capacity;
Previous experience working with USAID; and
Spoken and written fluency in English and Spanish.