World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
*This position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
As Deputy Chief of Party - Global Fund (HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis), you will foster close working between technical teams and project outreach personnel ensuring program delivery of outcomes and milestones. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations to ensure seamless management of all technical and operational aspects of the HIV AIDS and TB program. Responsible for high-quality service delivery, outreach and staff capacity building ensuring compliance with World Vision and the Global Fund policies and procedures. You will cultivate relationships with the government to advance program objectives to ensure smooth implementation of program activities and will also work closely with Sub-Recipients (SRs) to ensure compliance and high quality activities.
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Management, or related discipline, or clinical degree in Medicine or Nursing.
- Minimum 8 year´s professional experience with international health and HIV/AIDS and TB programs, inclusive of at least 3 to 5 years in a technical leadership role in resource-constrained settings.
- Experience working with bilateral and/or multilateral donors and familiarity with their procedures and practices; experience with The Global Fund preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in program coordination and international public health projects in developing countries, particularly in implementing and managing projects, consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of HIV/AIDS and TB programs, Social and Behavior Change, advocacy, data management and use, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Willingness and ability to travel 30% locally and internationally.