Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party position on a USAID-funded program in Colombia.
The anticipated Equitable and Resilient Finance activity will improve the supply and demand of formal financial services in rural, underserved and conflict-affected regions, and will mobilize long-term capital for USAID/Colombia’s programming and Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) objectives.
The DCOP will supports all technical, financial and administrative aspects of the program and will coordinate closely with the COP and USAID in developing, implementing, and revising the Activity’s overall field strategy. The DCOP will provide comprehensive expert technical oversight and guidance in all aspects of the program, including monitoring and evaluation, and reporting to USAID. This would be a full-time position and be based in Colombia for the full life of project (anticipated five years).
* Provide leadership and technical expertise for the activity, and supervise expatriate and local teams;
* Develop strategic objectives and confirm project compliance with USAID regulations;
* Manage the activity’s implementation, including overall responsibility for personnel and efficient budgeting and financial management
* Oversee technical activities of the activity and ensure that impact is achieving the results defined in the contract;
* Evaluate and document activity progress and lessons learned;
* Assume responsibility for overall USAID contract management ensuring quality control and timeliness of deliverables.
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, law, administration, or some other relevant discipline is required. Master’s degree preferred.
* Advanced degree in international development, development economics, women’s/gender studies, business administration, law, or relevant field. Significant additional work experience in lieu of a master’s degree will be considered;
* At least 7 years of professional experience with projects related to relevant activity themes. Direct experience working and managing programs in Colombia related economic development; inclusive market systems development; private sector engagement; financial inclusion; financial intermediation; FinTech, blended finance; and/or policy reform.
* At least 3-5 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience;
* Strong familiarity with the policy, social, economic, environmental, and cultural context in Colombia.
* Experience meaningfully engaging and supporting underserved communities, including youth, migrants, women, Afro-Colombians, indigenous peoples, LGBT communities, and rural producers and MSMEs
*Proven track record of forming multi-stakehoder and cross-sectorial partnerships, including with the private sector
* Proven track record managing multi-disciplinary development programs and teams, engaging effectively with stakeholders, fostering collaborative learning and adaptive management, and social inclusion with indigenous and other vulnerable populations.
* Experience conducting stakeholder consultations and implementing activities in PDET municipalities
* Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish.
* Colombian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply