Creative Associates seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)-Compliance, Operations and Grants Management (COG) for an upcoming USAID-funded program in Afghanistan focusing on women's economic development through the creation of business enabling environments that enable women to enter the formal economy. The project will focus on building systems to support services for female job seekers and business owners, improving their knowledge and skills and providing increased access to finance and job markets.
The DCOP-COG supports the Chief of Party (COP), acts for the COP as needed, and carries out any other tasks assigned by the COP to ensure proper management of financial and operational activities of the Contract.
Reporting & Supervision:
The DCOP-COG will work under the direction of the COP and oversee project compliance with USAID rules and regulations, as well as the administrative and procedural aspects of the project.
- Supervise and manage the grants, finance, human resources, operations, contracts, security, and MEL personnel, ensuring smooth program implementation;
- Act as COP while the COP is on leave;
- Provide support to the COP in representational programmatic, strategic development and quality control duties; and liaise with USAID and government stakeholders to respond to their informational, data and monitoring requirements;
- Assist in the formulation of annual work plans, in cooperation with the COP, other project staff, USAID, and the Government of Afghanistan;
- Ensure that the project meets all contractual requirements and complies with USAID, Creative Associates, and project host country's policies and regulations;
- Participate in ongoing oversight, including the maintenance and monitoring of the project budget;
- Develop and deliver reports and written documentation related to technical activities to be reported to USAID, including weekly, quarterly and annual reports, and all project deliverables; and
- Respond to requests from donor and supervisors as needed.**Qualifications**
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least ten years of relevant work experience, implementing complex projects in developing countries;
- At least five (5) years of experience supervising complex, high-speed, and challenging field operations in developing countries; and
- Experience with operations, logistics and subcontracts in an insecure environment, particularly with contracts and grants administration.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of basic operating procedures in high-risk environments;
- Experience in conflict, post-conflict, or transitional state environments;
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English; and
- Ability to travel internationally or domestically upon short notice.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.