Position Location: Honduras
Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, governance and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates International (Creative) is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the anticipated USAID funded community violence prevention and migration in Honduras.
The Deputy Chief of Party will work in concert with the Chief of Party (COP), providing sound operational management in support of activity implementation. He or she will support the COP in all technical, operational, and management aspects of the project and ensure that all appropriate reporting requirements are met. The DCOP will be considered acting COP in his/her absence.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Deputy Chief of Party will report to the project's Chief of Party.
- Oversee all technical operations- facilitate the design of workplans and budgets for each component.
- Coordinate the day-to-day management of programmatic work with grants, finance, MEL ;
- Support the COP in managing the project team, ensuring a technically and operationally-sound program;
- Lead the development of annual work plans, milestone plans, and programmatic and operational budgeting;
- Ensure the timely preparation of required reports and deliverables, including quarterly, annual, and financial reports in accordance with USAID guidelines;
- Ensure project activities are meeting client expectations and that project results and accomplishments are disseminated appropriately;
- Work with the COP to establish effective implementation processes across all project areas to support program delivery;
- Represent the project in local, national, and international meetings and events in the absence of the COP; and
- Assist in the identification, recruitment, and management of consultants, and subcontractors/sub-awardees.
- Assist in the strengthening of the regional staff
- Ensure all programmatic staff have budget holder expertise and report writing expertise;
- Provide oversight to the grants and MEL program as well as the rest of technical team by creating the overall synergies between the teams and link with finance**Qualifications**
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of ten (10) years combined experience working on programs engaging youth, civil society, citizen security, or public policy, with at least eight (8) years of experience working in technical management in support of multi-component international development programs;
- Excellent teamwork including abilities to coordinate well with diverse individuals and teams and to engage effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to achieve results;
- Demonstrable management experience on US government contracts, and familiarity with U.S. government (USG) policy, procedures, compliance and reporting requirements;
- Prior experience working on youth-centered programs;
- Experience providing management oversight to design, award and monitoring of grants;
- Degree in international relations, sociology, law or related field;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to communicate in English