She/he will oversee the development and use of data systems within ICAP and will establish efficient ways to organize, store and analyze data with attention to security and confidentiality. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of databases, including DHIS2, SmartCare and data analysis procedures. S/he will provide assistance and training to system users (SI and technical staff).
- Support the PHOs to strengthen national tools and processes for data management, access and utilization, to effectively and efficiently scale up and deliver HIV services.
- Technical lead for the design/development of project databases; testing and implementation of new applications and/or enhancements and modifications to existing systems;
- Oversee the data cleaning and writing necessary SQL queries to extract data for routine decision making and other program management tasks;
- Collaborate with and train the M&E team in how to use the platforms to prepare presentation materials, including appropriate tables, graphics and maps
- Review, analyse, and validate country office database/repository of information to ensure consistency, integrity and accuracy;
- Provide technical support to strengthen data management, improve data quality, and harmonization of information;
Where SmartCare exists, provide TA to ensure that all patient records are up to date in SmartCare and SmartCare is used for patient monitoring and routine monthly reports**Experience, Skills and Minimum Required Qualifications**
Knowledge of technological developments/trends in database construction; computer data processing principles; management and data retrieval methods; structured programming, testing, and debugging techniques.
Ability to analyze operational data requirements and to create and develop databases
Design and implement systems necessary to collect, maintain, and analyze data
Resolve data input problems; create data capture applications and input specifications and to design solutions and modifications to these;
Develop integral systems capable of verifying data input and correction of errors
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics or other related field
5-10 years’ experience in database management, SQL, MS Access, Python etc.
Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of Health and/or HIV/AIDS programs, including planning, design, and implementation of M&E systems is an added advantage;
Experience with digital forms of data collection such as CommCare, DHIS2, or other data collection software/apps.
Experience and understanding of the USG and PEPFAR framework and reporting system**Travel**
The job may require the successful candidate to travel long distances and to be accommodated in different places around the country.