To be considered for this role you must already be located in Myanmar
Cord has a long and proud history of working with communities worldwide to build their capacity for peace. Cord recognises that when relationships break down between people and those holding power people’s rights are ignored, the likelihood of conflict then increases, and poverty is prolonged.
The focus of our global strategy is on transforming these dysfunctional relationships into ones that create peaceful and inclusive societies where everyone can live free from fear and with the freedom to flourish. Cord’s work on freedom of religion and belief (FoRB) and preventing sexual violence achieves new freedoms and security for people in Myanmar.
We are looking for an inspirational leader to re-establish Cord’s team in Myanmar, to embed good operating practices and launch a new multi-year FoRB project.
Interdisciplinary skills key as this role integrates country leadership and development, operational and programme management functions.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience managing projects, staff and partners in an international development setting or a minimum of 3 years in a senior programme management role
- Experience in managing grant funded programmes and of donor compliance and reporting
- Ability to monitor and evaluate project effectiveness and communicate clearly about impact
- Proven ability to contribute to project designs, engage stakeholders and write donor proposals
- Sound operational skills with experience of financial management and policy preparation and knowledge of the legal, HR and security context in Myanmar
- Proactive attitude and effective enabler
If you have a commitment to Cord’s values and are passionate about making a real and lasting change, we would love to hear from you.
For further details, you can download the recruitment pack here.