The overall purpose of the Contracts Assistant role is to add value to the projects, divisions, departments, and stakeholders of the company by primarily providing relevant, accurate, and on-time administrative support with measured transition into a contractual management support role.
This position is housed in the Contracts Department, reporting to the Senior Contracts Managers. The position regularly interacts with clients and collaborates with program/technical staff as well as other support division staff.
- Provide high-level administrative support to the Contracts team to reinforce effective management of departmental and company-wide initiatives;
- With training serve as primary point of contact for all award closeout responsibilities;
- Assist with the file management of all prime award documents;
- Assist with the file management of sub-contractor/sub-recipient award documents;
- Create tracking systems/databases that will enable proper and consistent management of sub-contractors/sub-recipients;
- Identify and implement administrative improvements for departmental data management improvement (i.e., streamlining tracking systems; database updates; etc.);
- Serve as primary point of contact/perform routine updates for department registration requirements (i.e., manage account maintenance for grants.gov, grantsolutions.gov, etc.);
- Serve as primary point of contact for consultant agreement review and approval;
- Serve as primary point of contact for proposal biodata review and approval;
- Serve as primary point of contact for U.S. government reporting requirements such as the FFATA Subaward Reporting System (FSRS);
- Conduct research of acquisitions and assistance issues as related to U.S> government and other client or donor regulations;
- Assist with the documentation preparation for Headquarters' audits as related to prime- and subaward compliance;
- Develop tracking systems that will support performance/deliverables management;
- Support electronic data management/retention procedure development;
- Assist with the drafting of draft project and company-wide policies and procedures, including but not limited to manuals, policy documents, workflow documents, and templates;
- Assist with developing and maintaining systems for internal and external reporting related to contractual matters such as small business subcontracting, annual DCAA reporting, and other departmental reporting responsibilities; and
Perform any and all other duties as assigned.**Qualifications**
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, International Relations, or relevant discipline;
Minimum of one (1) year of previous work experience required; knowledge of Federal Government acquisitions and assistance instruments preferred.
Strong writing skills; demonstrated ability to craft professional business correspondence;
Knowledge of budget data entry is strongly preferred; demonstrated ability to effectively utilize Excel is required;
Strong research and critical analysis skills;
Meticulous attention to detail and ability to work independently;
Well-organized with demonstrated multi-tasking skills;
Strong, professional oral and written communication skills;
Collaborative, friendly, and flexible work style;
A proactive approach to both day-to-day tasks and departmental innovation initiatives; and
Commitment to a values-driven and culturally diverse work environment.