Consultant - Partnerships & Communications - Monitoring, Evaluation & Partnerships Unit (Open to Indian Nationals Only)
Location : New Delhi, INDIA
Application Deadline : 04-Apr-21
(Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category : Gender Equality
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : National Consultant
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
Duration of Initial Contract : 6 Months (20 Working Days Per Month)
Expected Duration of Assignment : 6 Months (20 Working Days Per Month)
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN Women is the UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. UN Women is dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide.
All human development and human rights issues have gender dimensions. UN Women focuses on priority areas that are fundamental to women's equality, and that can unlock progress across the board. Six focus areas that UN Women include violence against women, economic empowerment, leadership and participation, peace and security, national planning and budgeting and intergovernmental processes.
The Partnerships, Monitoring and Evaluation Unit is a cross cutting unit which leads and provides technical support to the programme units in developing and implementing monitoring processes across the portfolios and evaluating the programme results. It is also responsible for building partnerships across sectors and mobilizing resources for the organization.
The purpose of this consultancy is to support the overall efforts of the Unit. The Consultant will support Partnership Lead in the development of proposals, briefs, newsletters. Also provide administrative, logistical and content support in curation of high impact meetings with partners and potential donors, including the Business Sector Advisory Council.
The consultant will work under the overall supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation & Partnerships Lead, UN Women India Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Consultant will have the following responsibilities:
- S/he will support Partnership lead in the development of proposals, briefs, newsletters;
- Provide administrative, logistical and content support in curation of high impact meetings with partners and potential donors;
- Research, data analysis and documentation for knowledge building and knowledge sharing;
- Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned directly linked to resource mobilization and partnership-building activities;
- Support the Partnership Lead in coordinating various relationships with donors and partners for UN WOMEN India Office.
- Project proposals for resource mobilization for the potential donors and partners;
- Research products and process documentation for the Unit and select copy edited reports including briefs, research reports, programme narrative and evaluation reports;
- Knowledge Resources and communications material including for websites and social media developed;
- Updated database for resources and partners;
- Successful support in organising events/meetings.
Core Values / Guiding Principles: Corporate Competencies
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN's values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UN Women.
- Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity:
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff;
- Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Demonstrated research and analytical capacity;
- Excellent organizational, inter-personal, communication and administrative skills;
- Excellent drafting and presentation skills;
- Strong IT skills;
- Proven ability to manage diverse and complex tasks, with tight deadlines;
- Able to take initiative and work independently, with minimum supervision;
- Able to work effectively in a team and in an international environment.
Management and Leadership
- Focuses on impact and results and responds positively to critical feedback;
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Social Science.
- Minimum 1 year experience in the field of partnerships and/or communications or any relevant field;
- Good writing skills and the ability to explain technical terms in a non-technical language;
- Excellent research and analytical skills and prior experience in data analyses;
- While not a must any experience, but interest in gender equality and women empowerment is preferred;
- Need to be a motivated individual with collaboration skills;
- Support various evidence gathering and reporting and activities undertaken by the various Programme Teams;
- Past experience in report writing and research is a plus;
- Experience in working with UN Agencies is an asset.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of the language of the duty station.
Application: Interested applicants should apply to this announcement through UNDP jobs site: jobs.undp.org
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications in one single PDF document:
- All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded http://asiapacific.unwomen.org/en/about-us/jobs;
- Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment, please combine all your documents into one (1) single PDF document. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment;
- Applications received after the close date will not be accepted;
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Evaluation and Selection Criteria
Criteria for shortlisting of CVs will be based on the following assessment:
- Required Degree and Qualification (5 points);
- Experience relevant to the assignment (10 points);
- Demonstrable experience on research and analytical skills (5 points).
The evaluation process for selection of the candidate will be based on the following assessment:
- Writing Samples (20 points)
- Interview (80 points)
- For an assignment requiring travel, consultants of 65 years or more require full medical examination and statement of fitness to work to engage in the consultancy.
- Due to large number of potential applicants, only competitively selected candidates will be contacted for remaining steps of the service procurement process.
Note: In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality, and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women's empowerment.ccll9Nk-owT1v