REQUEST FOR CONSULTANTS**
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is a global humanitarian organization with a mission to work with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change. ADRA Somalia belongs to the world wide network, comprised of more than 130 supporting and implementing country offices. ADRA Somalia is seeking to recruit a Consultant to conduct Psychosocial support and child protection training for teachers, community education committees and Ministry of Education in Kismayu District Lower Jubba Region of Somalia.
- PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE OF THE CONSULTANCY
ADRA Somalia is seeking Expression of Interest from qualified candidates to provide psycho-social support and child protection training for the ongoing ECHO project in Kismayu District. The consultancy work will be 35 working days spread out through four phases as outlined below. The successful candidate is expected to undertake a wide range of tasks consisting of: conducting survey assessment, development of trainings manuals and providing capacity building training for education stakeholders (teachers, CEC members and Jubbaland MoE) on psycho-social support and child protection, as well as finalizing/translating the training manuals and workshop reporting. The assignment will cover the 15 schools being targeted by the program in Kismayu District, Lower Juba Region of Somalia.
a) Phase 1: Survey Assessment (10 days)
Conduct a survey assessment that covers the following key areas which broadly defines the framework of safe learning environments for school children:
- Safety of the schools/learning – map out the common hazards/risks faced by the project target schools in line with education cluster/UNICEF school safety variables and analysis the impact of each in terms of undermining education access opportunities for children
- Child Protection – in line with INEE framework standards, map out the common hazards/risks faced by school children that could likely undermine the development wellbeing and education access opportunity for school children in project target schools
- Mapping out the availability of psycho social support services (facilities) in the project target areas where children who require PSS services could be referred to access services (counselling/medical support).
b) Phase 2: Development of Training modules (9 days)
- Based on the findings of the survey, develop training modules to train Jubbaland Ministry of Education officials, Teachers and CECs on school safety, child protection/rights and PSS support to enhance awareness and roles in providing safe learning environment for school children.
c) Phase 3: Conduct capacity building trainings on Child Protection and Psychosocial Support to Jubbaland Ministry of Education officials, Teachers and CECs in Kismayu District (11 days)
- Conduct capacity building training on child protection and PSS support to ADRA, Jubbaland Ministry of Education officials, Teachers and CEC members on school safety and child protection/rights
- Provide specialized PSS case management/handling training to selected number of school teachers and MoE officials to serve as PSS focal persons and ToTs for the schools and MoE office respectively
- Develop tools for monitoring PSS case management at school level
c) Phase 4: Develop and Translate Final Manuals into Somali + Compile Training Workshop Report (5 days)
- Finalize and translate ToT training modules into Somali language
- Develop training workshop report (max. 30 pages)
Qualifications of the Consultant:
- Post-graduate or graduate studies in clinical psychology or related topic
- Good technical knowledge on child protection and child rights issues in line with UNICEF/INEE standards.
- At least 3 years of experience in psychological and psychotherapeutic interventions, specifically working on MHPSS system development.
- At least 3 years of previous experience in providing services to displaced populations, migrants, refugees or conflict affected populations.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of training curricula and solid understanding of adult learning principles.
- Fluency in Somali language is a mandatory requirement for this consultancy.