Call for National Consultancy Services
POSTING TITLE: Consultancy for Administrative activities (1 consultant)
DEPARTMENT: CIP – India Regional Office
WORK LOCATION: Banglore, Karnataka, India
CLOSING DATE: June 15, 2021
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a proactive and responsible consultant with high level of commitment and expertise to assist in administrative activities under the project: “Rapid Seed Potato Multiplication to Strengthen Potato Value Chain in Karnataka”.
This consultant will be based in Hassan and coordinate directly with the Project Coordinator. Expected duration and conditions:
• This consultancy contract is for 12 months with the possibility of renewal.
• The payment is a fixed and consolidated fee.
- Assisting the project related activities and administrative support of day to day activities.
- Provide logistical and technical support in all administrative aspects for the project.
- Facilitate the preparation of technical reports, documents and presentations for the project.
- Arrange national travels and assist in the organization of events, workshops and visits related to the project.
- Coordinate procurements in accordance with existing norms of the organization and donors.
- Ensures that all stock items are correctly signed for and received.
- Should be able to print GPS photographs of the beneficiaries/ field sites and submit to Project Manager and support when needed.
- General administrative duties including writing and editing correspondence, answering phones, contact data maintenance, filing and processing expense reports, request for quotations
- Use of CIP’s internal system to process requisitions in general and payment of invoices on a regular and timely basis.
- Planning and schedule meetings and appointments to contribute with project matters.
- Comply with national and international health and safety laws, regulations and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration or any degree with at least 3 years of experience in similar position in a non-for-profit organization.
- Excellent knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures such as outstanding writing and reporting skills, ability to organize department activities and processes among others.
- Proficiency in the use of key software applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, Hindi and local language.