World Vision International - Jordan:
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position: Community Engagement Coordinator
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Community Engagement Coordinator is key to helping the World Vision Syria Response meet the fulfilment of our specific mission: the well-being of children, especially the most vulnerable. He/she will provide leadership and technical support to the World Vision Syria Response’s ministry in bringing holistic transformation through integrating diverse perspectives in programming. This includes sector technical oversight in project proposal design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and documentation for Community Engagement projects and projects that have Community Engagement components in Syria, Jordan, and Turkey
The Community Engagement Coordinator will:
· Contribute in measurable ways to WV Syria Response’s (WVSR) goal of achieving positive social change leading to a more equal and just society for Syria, Jordan, and Turkey’s children that is consistent with our Vision, Core Values and Policies,
· Creating opportunities for open and dynamic dialogue leading to greater mutual understanding among staff with different traditions,
· Develop partnerships with organizations that have common values and liaise with leaders of different groups in Syria, Jordan, and Turkey, to get involved in social change/development issues.
· Work to build positive relationships with communities of other backgrounds and affirm the role of these organizations that also seek to support the well-being of children and especially in areas of child protection
· Work ecumenically in order to facilitate greater functional unity and cooperation among congregations nationally and locally
Strategy and Programmatic Support
· Provide quality assurance that WV’s CEC project models are implemented to the highest standard and according to the WV SR Strategy
· When required contribute to the development and annual review of the WVSR strategy
· Contribute to an ethos and culture in the WVSR that is consistent with our Vision and Mission Statements, Core Values, Guiding Beliefs, and Policies.
· Support the articulation and integration of F&D matters by providing technical support to Program and grant managers and relevant program staff programming and advocacy.
· Prepare and submit programmatic reports to SRO leadership, SLT, donors and the Regional Office, including reporting on Strategic Imperative 1 (SI1)
· Prepare the annual CEC operational plans and budgets & manage relevant CEC projects & oversee budgets
Staff and Partner Capacity Building
· When appropriate, lead CEC capacity assessments of WV staff and plan a training program /calendar to address needs. Utilize external capacity building opportunities, as well as WV-internal resources.
· Assist WV staff in strengthening their understanding of WVs identity and witness though the development and implementation of adapted initiatives / programmes that fit the context of the response.
· Liaise between SRO, RO, GC and relevant SOs on leadership and staff nurture related initiatives.
· Provide opportunities for capacity building to the CEC team in consultation with People and Culture (P&C) to ensure proper technical, managerial and personal development.
· When appropriate ensure staff compliance with World Vision’s CEC policies and standards.
Support Grant Acquisition
· Support GAM and Project Managers with technical and expert advice when communicating with donors and communities respectively.
· Liaise with international and local NGOs and government authorities to influence and scale evidence based practices in CEC
· Assist in identifying opportunities where WV’s expertise in CEC fits into specific donor strategies
· Know grant/donors regulations in relation to CEC and build the capacity of the team in this respect.
· Meet donors to preposition for new program ideas and models based on evidence.
· In collaboration with GAM, technically lead CEC components during drafting of new proposals and Technical Projects, ensuring it matches with program objectives and donors requirements.
· Ensure that CEC programme learning from assessment, evaluations and research is included into new designs.
· Provide input into budget of technical components within new proposals.
· Ensure CEC is included in assessments to identify a robust CEC programme. Lead sector-specific assessments as required to inform programming.
· Ensure programming initiatives have a particular attention to the MVC.
· Review and contribute to appropriate reporting that meets WV expectations and donor requirements.
· Manage, coordinate, and actively participate with local partners and NGOs, UN agencies and different donors and community representatives and stakeholders.
· Actively engage with relevant ministries and stakeholders using evidence from our programming to drive policy formulation and system reform
· Participate in National workshops, training and internal WVSR meetings, workshops, etc.
· Coordinate with other relevant internal stakeholders at WV, whether at the Regional or Global level.
· Lead initiatives to develop positive relations with organisations that share the WV mission and vision
· Develop a strategic plan for engagement with stakeholders that could further complement our work in CEC
· Develop technical resources and provide support for SRO leaders enabling them to work effectively in complex contexts.
· Network towards building positive relationships with various communities and affirm the role of these organizations that also seek to support the well-being of children and of the poor, and for peace and justice
· Other duties as assigned by the technical advisor unit manager
· Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or relevant security focal point
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Graduate degree, preferably in Child Development, Humanitarian Aid/Development, Theology, Education or other related field or equivalent experience in the related field is required.
· Master degree is an advantage
· Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience working in Humanitarian, child focused programing or community development.
· Experience in management is an advantage
· Effective in written and oral communication
· Ability to speak and write with a high standard of English
· Fluency in Arabic
· Computer literacy; good computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as database management
· Good knowledge in Strategy and Programming design and implementation
· Good knowledge of humanitarian industry and development work
· Strong knowledge in Spiritual Nurture, understanding and commitment to learn
· An energetic, analytical, flexible and self-starting approach
· Organizational and self-management skills
· Problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills
· Good network in local faith based organizations
· Good verbal and written skills are essential, English is preferred
· Thorough knowledge of MS Office, knowledge of Lotus notes is preferred
· Ability to demonstrate strong collaborative team and networking skills
· Integrity, honesty, and accountability to both the quality and programing teams and the community
· Able to make decisions as needed
· Strong initiative and seal factors, organizational culture, continues challenges
· ishing by June 15. Karmen please comment? (Deni
· Strong facilitation skills
· Feels comfortable with World Vision international, organization culture
· Understanding of and commitment to World Vision Core Values