- Will be primarily responsible to provide overall support in developing and maintaining UNDP Bangladesh’s digital knowledge management repository.
- The associate will also be responsible for maintaining and coordinating with the UNDP’s global web development team to regularly update and upgrade UNDP Bangladesh’s website.
- Alongside, the associate would have to provide assistance in day to day activities of the UNDP CO’s communications team including in procurement and finance aspects.
- Provide support, and occasionally take lead in maintenance of the UNDP website, communications team’s intranet-based knowledge management platforms and other web-based solutions including adobe cloud platforms.
- Regularly maintain the UNDP BD website as based on corporate requirements, using Adobe CQ5 content management system.
- Update the local knowledge management system for Communications unit and overall country office management.
- Lead and direct collection of knowledge products from various projects and their inclusion in UNDP Bangladesh’s Digital Knowledge Hub.
- Provide secretarial, logistic and other support for the communications unit
- Organize data and collect information from relevant partners and project personnel for production of communications materials.
- Assist in procurement of communication team’s supplies and equipment, maintain appropriate inventory records.
- Work with country office procurement team for any procurement related issue
- Must have ability and willingness to work flexible hours on the computer undertaking data entry, data verification and report production.
- Carry out any other job as assigned by the Senior management of UNDP.
- Perform other duties as required
Impact of Results
- Demonstrated understanding of effective outreach and monitoring;
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Advocates and promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Ability to develop systems for structuring, codifying and providing access to information and knowledge products.
- In-depth knowledge on development issues with special focus on Communications
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, respectful and helpful in maintaining positive.
- Ability to support implementation and monitoring of the Communications activity.
- Have significant skills in ICT, especially in the development of CO website management using CQ5 );
- Have strong knowledge on web management and administration.
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioural/ attitudinal change
- Sound Knowledge about the UN system and the Donor Systems and their requirements
- Proven networking skills and ability to interact with staff at all levels, including senior management;
- Familiarity with UNDP and UN system is an asset;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
- Diploma in ICT from a recognized computer institution will be considered an additional advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of practical experience in working in UN/ or any International Organizations
- Minimum 2 years of experience of working in area of Communications
- At least 2 years of experience of using Adobe CQ5 based website management platforms is preferable.
- Fluency in Bangla and English (Spoken and Written)
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension based on performance and availability of fund