- Will be primarily responsible to provide overall support in development and implementation of the corporate communications plan with a view to influence the development agenda.
- The associate will also be responsible for promoting public and media outreach in order to enhance UNDP’s visibility
- Alongside, the associate would work to mobilize support for UNDP including financial resources.
- Support in planning and design of internal and external strategies for communications and outreach
- Support in preparation and production of the publications (print and multi-media products)
- Provide support in coordinating and managing all activities in the process of preparation of publications, including content management, norms for publishing, design, liaison with printers and other suppliers to oversee production and supervision of publications dissemination.
- Support in creating and implementing communications campaigns that position UNDP and influence the development agenda based on current programme and new initiatives.
- Support in managing, promoting and disseminating corporate advocacy material for launching flagship initiatives and publications such as the Human Development Report.
- Support in creating and implementing public information campaigns on UNDP activities, progress in achieving SDGs, UN Reform, etc.
- Support in organization of events and campaigns
- Maintain close working relationships with media outlets and identify journalists from different media outlets who cover development issues
- Provide media with timely and punctual information on UNDP activities
- Provide qualitative and quantitative analysis of media coverage
- Support establishing and regularly maintain media contacts list
- Provide administrative support in maintaining day-to-day activities of the Communications Unit
- Address specific requests from the Country Director and Deputy Country Director, and clusters and projects staff
- Support Head of Communications in ensuring efficient and effective management of Communications Unit’s budget
- Contribute in preparation of workplans
- Develop and maintain close relationship with government officials, multilateral and bilateral donors, civil society and private sector.
- Maintain regular contact with printers and other vendors to ensure production and publications dissemination
- Oversee work of communications consultants (photographers, graphic designers etc)
- Set up and maintain an information database and a photo library
- Perform other duties as required
Impact of Results
- Demonstrated understanding of effective outreach and monitoring;
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Advocates and promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Ability to coordinate and manage all activities in the process of preparation of publications, including content management, norms for publishing, design, liaison with printers and other suppliers to oversee production and supervision of publications dissemination.
- Ability to personally produce IEC materials including but not limited to publications, video and animated content, infographics, etc.
- In-depth knowledge on development issues with special focus on Communications
- Excellent communication skills: Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, respectful and helpful in maintaining positive.
- Ability to support implementation and monitoring of the Communications activity.
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioural/ attitudinal change
- Proven networking skills and ability to interact with staff at all levels, including senior management;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations and administration or any other art-related subjects.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in public relations, communications or advocacy.
- At least 3 years’ experience in communications component of international development organisation, or with a multilateral or international organization will be an advantage.
- Experience in the use of IT equipment and office software packages.
- Experience in using graphic design and video editing software is preferable.
- Creativity and strong proven skills in graphic design will be an advantage.
- A good knowledge and command in using online social media.
- Fluency in Bangla and English (Spoken and Written)
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, ethnicity and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and people living with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension based on performance and availability of fund