The Communications Assistant is a new position within the ESSA team, you will help us reach our audiences with engaging content that has impact.
Working with colleagues across the organisation, you will be supporting to turn evidence about education into compelling messages and tools for our audiences, produce content for our platforms, and take our social media engagement to the next level. You will also be highly organised; helping produce and distribute marketing materials, plan events and provide administrative support.
We are looking for a dynamic, effective and organized communicator. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a small but enthusiastic team and play a key role in expanding our work.
Stories, Content and Media
• Work with the Communications Manager to create regular content about our work including crafting key messaging, stories, videos and blogs.
• Upload content to our website and other digital platforms.
• Design fundraising materials, short research reports, graphics and other materials.
• Support the Communications Manager with pitching stories to the media.
• Generate newsletters for ESSA’s communities and partners, including managing ESSA’s monthly newsletter.
• Work with the Communications Manager to keep track of trends in education and evidence in sub-Saharan Africa.
• Review research and select interesting insights to support our messaging and communications.
• Ensure a wide and engaged social media presence and maintain different social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
• Work with the Digital Manager to regularly monitor social media analytics.
• Identify key social influencers suitable for ESSA to engage with. Team Support
• Support the ESSA team with offline and virtual event planning (such as webinars), including managing event lists and producing event marketing materials.
• Assist with communications support for programmes and research as needed
• Excellent knowledge of social media.
• Knowledge of traditional and online media in Ghana.
• Copy writing skills.
• Basic design skills.
• Able to organise and communicate about online and offline events.
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage and prioritise tasks under pressure.
• Self-motivated and able to work from home and without close supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise and communicate with colleagues at all levels of seniority and from different cultures.
• Holder of a Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelor's degree, or relevant work experience.
• Strong IT skills, with experience of Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Most importantly as a representative of ESSA, you should be independent, driven by values, and possess a powerful drive to use communications to make positive change.
● Advanced design skills.
● Video editing skills.
● Media contacts and press experience in the sub region.
● Knowledge of French.
● Understanding of the education sector and international development.
● Experience of using Office 365 for collaborative working