Macfadden, a PAE company, is seeking a Communications and Outreach Specialist to support USAID's Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance. This position will provide daily administrative and operational support while assisting in writing and preparing talking points, briefing materials and other written materials that effectively promote the division and ongoing programs. This individual, in coordination with the Division Chief, will prepare information for a variety of initiatives including internal and external audiences. Must demonstrate excellent writing and research skills and the ability to respond quickly and efficiently to tight deadlines.
- Provide daily administrative and operational support
- Maintain a schedule of appointments; monitor e-mail and telephone of manager(s) as requested; make travel arrangements for managers as requested.
- Coordinate and/or participate in the scheduling, organizing, and execution of meetings, conferences, and off-site events.
- Prepare weekly status reports of action items and completion of tasks related to the execution of a program, process, or transaction.
- Manage special projects and ad hoc requests, including research requests, as assigned by the managers supported.
- Coordinate information gathering for regular reports.
- Responsible for maintaining physical and virtual document filing systems.
- Assist with the preparation of agendas and briefings for USG officials interested in humanitarian issues.
- Collecting, synthesizing, and analyzing information pertaining to humanitarian emergencies and response efforts, and draw upon that information to draft, edit, appropriately format, and disseminate a wide range of internal and external information products in Washington, D.C., and overseas.
- Prepare talking points, briefing materials, memos, PowerPoint presentations, official cables, and other correspondence.
- Draft emails and correspondence for senior management distribution and response and provide timely editing support under tight deadlines.
- Make formatting and other spelling and grammatical changes as necessary, or return correspondence to the originator for substantive changes.
- Review correspondence for accuracy and completeness and ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, tone and images).
- Provide excellent editing and proofreading with the ability to catch spelling mistakes, punctuation errors, formatting issues, graphic alignment while reviewing a variety of content to ensure uniformity while adhering to agency style guidelines.
- Handle confidential and classified information ensuring information is not distributed or communicated outside of approved individuals/system.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in international affairs, communications or related discipline.
Experience: At least 1-4 years of professional experience.
Skills: Qualified candidates should possess excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills and have exceptional attention to detail. Candidates must be flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances and have the ability to meet deadlines in an extremely fast-paced and collaborative environment. Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team-oriented environment and independently. Proven ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with clients. Working knowledge of and interest in humanitarian issues. Demonstrate excellent professionalism and customer service skills. Creates a positive work environment and meets established goals and responsibilities while working in cooperation with colleagues.
Requirements:U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.