This is position based in Erbil with frequent travel to other areas of operation as and when required.
· Experience in communication and reporting.
· Fluency in English. Working knowledge of Arabic or Kurdish is plus.
· At least university degree in journalism, business administration, social science, economics, management, or in a related area is preferred.
· Good knowledge of visual and oral communication technologies and techniques.. Analytical skills.
. Ability to work independently and take initiative.
· Good interpersonal skills, good communication, planning, organizational compliance, systems development & ability to work well in a team.
· Able to work effectively under, and adapt to, difficult conditions.
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural and/or international working environment.
NPA is seeking a Communication and Reporting intern for NPA Iraq and Syria. The position will be based in Erbil and will report to the MEAL Manager. The intern will develop and implement an efficient communication and reporting work plan with clear deliverables and will manage effective communication, visibility and knowledge management with NPA programmes and with partners. The position will be responsible for day to day communication and activities including but not limited to social media activities, helping with reports, drafting success stories, newsletters and other communication materials.
As a team member of the MEAL department, the intern will work on all MEAL related reporting tasks by preparing well-structured reports, including evaluations, assessment reports/designs, post-distribution monitoring reports to inform the programming and learning. Will also support the MEAL team on thorough analyses to inform the programme department about current indicators status as well as any factor that may be contributing or hindering the achievement of project indicators.
• Increase media coverage of NPA programmes, opinions and technical research on and off-line.
• Lead production of external and internal communications materials for advocacy efforts and in raising the profile of the organization.
• Liaise with MEAL and partner teams to identify opportunities to gather primary source material for communications and advocacy, such as beneficiary success stories and high-quality photos of activities.
• Conduct regular field visits to gather primary source materials.
• Ensure proper visibility and branding for NPA across programmes including donor’s/ partners visibility requirements.
• Actively work with the programme and partners’ teams to promote project visibility via local media through selective use of relevant social media platforms.
• Lead the development and writing of MEAL reports (such as assessments, PDM, baseline, endline, evaluation, etc.), and be responsible for the timelines and quality with which these reports are created.
• Collect articles, case studies, best practices across projects for evidence gathering and format so they are suitable for external audiences.
• Work closely with the MEAL Manager to produce qualitative and quantitative reports.
• Monitor and review regular sources of information and data required for preparation of reports such as information from UN, NGOs, news clippings, surveys, information from field monitors, etc.
• Assist in maintaining track of all donor and government MEAL reporting requirements and liaise with the relevant programme managers in timely preparation and compilation before submission.
• Ensure that MEAL data are readily available, as appropriate, to the management, all concern departments and to other stakeholders, particularly on impact and lessons learnt from project activities
• Contribute to proposal writing and quality assurance of log-frames and MEAL inputs in proposals as and when required.
• Be the NPA focal point with partners for receiving and reviewing all the reports related to MEAL department.
Capacity building and support
• Develop relevant training modules and train staff on communication and reporting and in project-specific tools and systems to track and reporting progress of project activities.
• Organize, prepare and conduct capacity building (regular mentorship, coaching and workshops) on communication and reporting for local partner staff.
• Contribute to organizational development of local partners, including supporting the projects managers in developing systems to track progress on capacity building and organizational development of partners.
• Assist in coordinating across the available components of the programmes in order to ensure effective implementation of data visualization and reporting.
• Fulfil other duties as assigned by line management.
Typical decisions the holder of the positions makes
Reference is made to the NPA Regulation for Delegation or Authority, Quality Management and Guidelines for the NPA Iraq-Syria Office.
• The intern is to abide by the policies and personal code of conduct by the Norwegian People’s Aid and represent the organisation in a loyal and responsible manner.
• NPA will provide only one in and out ticket.
• The internship should last not less than six months and is expected to be working full time.
• The intern will receive monthly remuneration.
• Accommodation and living expenses will be borne by the intern.