UNDP in Armenia office is a strategic and substantive partner to the Government of Armenia and other stakeholders by assisting their efforts to advance sustainable human development and improve the well-being of citizens in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the broader 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. UNDP Armenia CO has been working to accelerate the development of Armenia for almost 25 years. It works at the upstream policy level, advising on legal and policy frameworks, and implements downstream initiatives, turning projects into policies and policies into actions. UNDP in Armenia also has enormous reach across the country - in rural and urban areas and amongst a growing network of youth, innovators, and social entrepreneurs.
To support UNDP Armenia Projects' activities related to the construction/design/civil works, UNDP in Armenia office invites qualified professional candidates to apply position(s) of Civil Engineer/ Construction Designer/Infrastructure Rehabilitation expert under Framework Agreement /Long Term Agreement (LTA) modality, which is used when consultancy services are needed on an intermittent and repetitive basis, and a unit price has been fixed.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Develop and deliver professional trainings to designers and civil engineers (preferably in the field of energy efficient retrofits);
- Preparing the workplan of the Project infrastructure component activities;
- Supporting the Project in identification, formulation, and finalization of any sub-project documents related to infrastructure (feasibility, impact, scope, costing, timing, etc);
- Providing feasibility study and technical investigations of specific sub-projects sites;
- Support to the Project in establishing monitoring mechanisms and introducing performance indicators/success criteria, targets and milestones;
- Preparing the Terms of References to specify the scope of infrastructure rehabilitation works, supporting the identification/evaluation processes for the implementing, supervising and designing companies;
- Coordinating projects/tasks execution processes from needs assessment to final handover;
- Elaborating Bills of Quantities and Scopes of Work;
- Developing project site supervision plan and ensuring quality assurance inspection;
- Approving and certifying the grade of advance and progress of rehabilitation works;
- Issuing certifications of substantial and final completion of the works;
- Providing terminal assessment and evaluation of realization of objectives and results;
- Visiting project sites to monitor and assess implemented activities;
- Monitoring ongoing sub-projects to ensure the efficient and timely delivery of inputs and the realization of the targeted expenditure and delivery level;
- Supporting the handover of implemented works to the beneficiaries;
- Ensure quality and timely implementation and coordination of: design documentation, design expertise, author supervision, technical supervision of civil works and renovation/retrofit of buildings;
- Implement professional technical supervision/quality assurance over the retrofitted buildings design and construction works to ensure compliance of quality of the used works and materials with the design, technical requirements and the Programme objectives;
- Review/check the possible changes/variances in the volumes and values of the works performed, ensure these are justified;
- Deliver periodic reports on technical supervision results, including recommendations and assessments;
- Deliver professional inputs in the Project periodic reports, statistics and databases;
- Render consultations as required within the Programme;
Note: for each single specific call-offs, the respective detailed ToR with specified outputs and applicable number of working days will follow in line with the main scope of works of this assignment.
Daily fee-based payable modality will be applied for this assignment upon submission of deliverables and acceptance/approval by UNDP for each identified task (reflected in the agreed and signed TOR) and based on cumulative number of days factually spent. Local travel related expenses will be provided separately, based on request and approved travel authorization as per UNDP established rules and procedures.
- Knowledge of standards, procedures and principles of national construction processes;
- Excellent knowledge of local building codes and standards;
- Awareness of local and international best practice in the field of architecture, structural engineering, civil engineering/designing;
- Willingness to travel extensively to the regions where the Project operates and live in Project sites if necessary;
- Demonstrated ability of cooperation with stakeholders: government and municipality specialists, scientific institutions, design and construction companies, material providers and private sector;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and to participate effectively in a team based information sharing;
- Ability to systemize, analyze and present the data;
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel), as well as knowledge of the task specific design and engineering software (AutoCAD, ArchiCAD, etc).
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Architecture, Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering or equivalent; Scientific Degree is an asset.
- At least 10 years of overall work experience in the field;
- At least 7 years of hands on experience in Civil Engineering/construction Design, construction coordination and technical oversight/inspection;
- Experience in designing, implementing and inspecting energy efficiency measures is a strong asset;
- Experience in infrastructure rehabilitation projects at national and/or international level;
- Experience in working and collaborating with government counterparts is an asset;
- Experience/Familiarity with gender equality framework and or/gender related other areas is a strong asset;
- Working experience with international donor organizations is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian and Russian, knowledge of English is an asset.
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS WILL BE EVALUATED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING METHODOLOGY:
Candidates will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of the applicants' technical qualifications, experience and financial proposal. The contract will be awarded to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as technically responsive/compliant/acceptable to the requirements of the ToR and received the highest cumulative (technical and financial) score out of below defined technical and financial criteria.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for financial evaluation.
Technical Criteria - 70% of total evaluation - max. 70 points
Financial Criteria - 30% of total evaluation - max. 30 points.
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION.
- Financial Proposal and Availability form: OFFEROR’S LETTER TO UNDP
- CV shall include Education/Qualification, Processional Certification, Employment Records /Experience
General Conditions of Contract is available here: http://www.undp.org/content/dam/undp/documents/procurement/documents/IC%20-%20General%20Conditions.pdf.
Note: Please note you can upload only one document to this application (scan all documents in one single PDF file to attach).