Bahar Organization is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organization that provides humanitarian aids to vulnerable people without any discrimination in all its forms. BO is operating to response for the needs and basic requirement of the humanitarian crisis in Syria in the middle of the affected communities caused by the conflict the basic principles of BO’s activities are to enhance the basic life standards to the affected population by delivering the humanitarian aid based on the needs.
Overview of Position:
The Child Protection Officer is responsible for all aspects of technical and non-technical project implementation, including the preparation, planning, organisation, and coordination with all the supporting departments to ensure proper and timely implementation of the project activities in accordance with the work plan, in addition to regular documentation for all the steps of project implementation.
Reports to: Program Coordinator.
The overall responsibility of the CP Officer will be to implement and manage Child Protection project in Syria in terms of the following:
· Manage and supervise the project field staff in all the areas of implementation, and providing them with regular support.
· Facilitating and conducting regular meetings with the CP field team to monitor the implementation and providing support to ensure adherence to CP minimum standards and SOPs.
· Support in developing\adapting CP IEC materials, and M&E tools with the program coordinator.
· Support the program coordinator in building the capacity of the teams and introducing the reporting tools and approach.
· Submitting regular narrative, 4Ws reports, media documentation, and any other reports requested by the donor or the CP SC to the program coordinator.
· Ensure CP cases’ data is managed, shared, and used in a confidential, safe, and effective manner, and ensure effective and strong coordination with other CP and non-CP actors at Syria and Turkey level in order to maintain an active referral pathways.
· Regular supervision of program progress and ensure that activities are technically sound and implemented in a timely, safe, and efficient manner, in accordance with the project work plan.
· Coordinating the protection emergency response through supporting the field emergency response focal point and assisting him/her to facilitate/attend coordination meeting with other actors, and submit the emergency response plan to the program coordinator.
· Updating project activities work plan regularly and sharing it with the respective supporting departments and parties.
· Submission of PIRs, and following up with the supporting departments on the materials and actions needed.
· Full and comprehensive documentation of all the project activities according to the department adapted approach.
Experience, Qualifications, and Skills:
· Minimum of 1 year work experience in CP programming.
· Experience in CP case management is preferred.
· Experience in managing field teams in different locations through remote management.
· Experience in writing reports in English.
· Good command of excel, word and other office applications.
· Ability to work with limited supervision.
· Transparency, Problem solving, and team working skills.
v Please be notified that further future tasks may be assigned to the CP officer depending on the project requirements and protection department’s structure.