Position: Chief Executive
Reports to : The board of directors**
The National Syrian Project for Prosthetic Limbs aims to help people who have undergone amputations as a result of Syrian War by providing them with prosthetic body parts and the appropriate rehabilitation. Established in February 2013 by a group of Syrian doctors living overseas, NSPPL is a non-profit organization serving people in Syria and Turkey.
Purpose of the role :
- The core purpose of this role is to provide leadership and direction for NSPPL.
- The CEO will work closely with NSPPL Board of Directors to develop strategies and monitor quality of the work.
- The CEO will ensure effective implementation of the strategy, drive implementation and report on results.
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Report to the board of directors and keep them informed and Provide them with trusted feedback.
- Creating and implementing the organization's vision, mission, and overall direction.
- Formulating and implementing the work plan that guides the direction of the work.
- Tracking progress against outputs and overseeing program evaluation, reporting progress to NSPPL Board, driving visibility for the program.
- Program oversight and monitoring; collate information, ensure that program operations are aligned with strategy, plans and budgets. This includes being responsible for the standardization of data, data quality and analysis and feedback mechanisms.
- Quality control and holding center managers to account on delivering quality project outcomes.
- Develop and implement organization policies and a strategic plan.
- Coordinating with the lead NGO financial management; this includes budget monitoring, review of expenditure forecasts; management of cash requests, and fund transfers.
- Supporting the establishment and management of a system to consolidate budgets, reports and other project documents; including monthly/quarterly and final narrative and financial reports, responses to clarifications requested by donors, or amendments, or of budget reallocations
- Coordinating mid-term reviews, final project evaluations and any annual project financial external audits.
- Ensure there is a clear communication strategy lead to achieve the project goals And Builds NSPPL’s brand reputation.
- The external representation of the program and program-driven advocacy as coordinated with board Members.
- Participating in events or associations that will enhance the organization's reputation, and the organization's potential for success.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance NSPPL's Mission.
- Ensuring organizational compliance with the local government requirements
- Coordination; arranging meetings; ensuring decisions are made and kept to; ensuring the liaison with the board. facilitating the start-up meeting and regular board meetings; and ensuring joint field missions to support and assess the delivery of the integrated aspects of the supporting charities
- Master’s degree in a relevant field or bachelor’s degree with commensurate work experience;
- At least 5 Years experiences in senior nonprofit management
- Fluency in English and Arabic are essential, Turkish is a plus.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Strong Management, analytical and Leadership skills
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in MS Office