Location: Based in Yaoundé, Centre Region, Cameroon
EMS is currently seeking, on behalf of a dynamic non-profit organization which helps companies transform their supply chains across the world, a motivated, CSE AFRICA MANAGER (Centre of Social Excellence) with strong experience working with organizations to develop good stakeholder relationships with local communities, as well as experience running adult education trainings, fundraising and managing complex donor-funded projects. The Centre of Social Excellence (CSE) Africa Manager will oversee all CSE Africa activities, as well as lead the marketing, promotion and coordination of CSE Africa activities for businesses, communities, government staff and individuals in order to increase CSE's exposure and impact.
Centre of Social Excellence (CSE)
CSE’s mission is to create an enabling environment for social harmony and realized human rights by equipping companies, civil society, and governments with well-trained social practitioners from the regions where they operate. The centre mobilizes diverse social experts who have real-world experience addressing social issues to design and teach courses to students on the front lines of company-community interactions.
· Best-in-class trainings and resources on Community Relations, Conflict Resolution, Workers’ Rights, Respect for Indigenous Peoples, and Social Management Systems.
· A dynamic network of alumni supporting, teaching and challenging one another for continuous growth and learning.
What the NGO offers:
· A unique work experience in a dynamic non-profit directly impacting the conservation of the environment and improvements in human rights and social equity through supply chains;
· An innovative environment with the chance to work in a multicultural team;
· The opportunity to participate in complex projects and build client relationships with exposure to different tasks.
Responsibilities and Scope:
· Serve as the lead Manager for CSE Africa, including working with a team to develop the vision and strategy for CSE Africa, fundraising, and managing all operational aspects of implementation;
· Design training programs based on the needs of companies, governments and NGOs related to improving relationships with local communities, and supporting community development in rural areas across Africa;
· Ensure that the newest learnings related to best practices for ensuring Social License to Operate are incorporated into CSE trainings;
· Serve as center representative during projects by responding to and resolving emergency situations and ensuring that all aspects of projects/events are implemented and controlled according to plans;
· Represent CSE in public relations/liaison capacity on matters relating to the training center and projects;
· Design, develop and recommend new programs, projects and activities relating to training, research, and executive or student education;
· Serve as a key liaison with a wide variety of external audiences, including companies and other organizations who will send staff for training and/or receive students for professional projects, donors who support the core work of the centre, and students who are seeking a career as a social manager working with companies, NGOs or governments;
· Coordinate with key topical social experts to serve as trainers and advise on curriculum and student selection;
· Coordinate with Universities and Training Centres across Africa to set up recruitment channels for high-quality students;
· Oversee daily center operations and coordinate center activities through assigned staff; including prioritizing and delegating work activities, and ensuring high quality delivery within budget and according to agreed schedules;
· Prepare and monitor budgets for the Centre, including trainings, research, professional projects, and events;
· Prepare periodic reports, financial statements and records on center projects, progress, status or other special reports for management or outside agencies;
· Develop communication and promotional literature for distribution such as newsletters, announcements, brochures or flyers and coordinate printing and distribution;
· Work with companies, civil society and governments to organize professional projects to be carried out by CSE students with the goal of promoting better community relations and social management;
· Direct, monitor, and coach CSE students in research and professional project activities including data collection, evaluation and analysis for a research project;
· Prepare or assist in the preparation of proposals for funding of new or continuous projects;
· Evaluate centre activities for effectiveness to develop improved methods; devises evaluation methodology and implement; analyze results and recommends and/or takes appropriate action;
· Reviews applications or other centre documents to determine acceptance or make decisions pertaining to the center;
· Book and schedule facility and services for center projects/events; negotiate and prepare rental contract determining fees and terms of contract; estimate costs and determines project/event budgets;
· Recruit center participants and members utilizing most appropriate promotional or marketing methods, such as individual letters, brochures or presentations at meetings.
Requirements – Candidate Profile Minimum Qualifications:
· Strong experience related to company-community relations, community development and community land rights with the ability to advise the teams on these matters, and strategize about how CSE can support the goals and vision of their regions / countries;
· Strong at putting together proposals for companies and donors (written & financial);
· Strong at managing work plans & budgets;
· Experience with implementing best practices related to curriculum design, and coaching trainers;
· Confident and experienced in providing adult education trainings and facilitating events;
· Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND six to seven years' administrative/coordinate project experience, including at least three years of supervisory experience; OR, Master's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND four to five years' administrative/coordinate project experience including at least three years of supervisory experience; OR, Ten to eleven years of progressively responsible administrative/coordinate project experience, including at least three years of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved;
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
· Superb track record in developing and executing successful training programs;
· Knowledge of various training and teaching methods;
· Good knowledge of talent management and succession planning methods;
· Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles;
· Skill in budget preparation and forecasting;
· Skill in both verbal and written communication;
· Skill in coordinating and prioritizing work and activities of self and others.
· Fluency in English and French (written and verbal).
· Hands-on, practical, innovative;
· Flexibility, takes initiative/proactive, self-motivated and has a positive attitude.
· Ability to work within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team;
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and work autonomously.
Committed to the following values:
· Focus on action and on-the-ground results;
· Entrepreneurial spirit;
· Open collaboration and communication;
· Passion for high quality work;
· Respect for each other;
· Critical thinker with innovative problem solving skills;
· Highly computer literate with proficiency in MS Office and related business and communication tools;
· Familiar with traditional and modern training processes;
· Meticulous attention to detail;
· Passionate about community rights and human rights in general.