Cash & Voucher Assistance DPM
at GOAL Syria (View all jobs)
North Idleb, Syria
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
Under the supervision of CVA & Markets Manager, The CVA DPM is responsible for supporting the Programme Manager in the management of GOAL’s cash and voucher assistance programmes in NW Syria. The CVA DPM will be responsible for the day to day programmes implementation and for ensuring that the programme effectively and efficiently achieves its objectives in accordance with GOAL’s guidelines and principles for a specific geographic area.
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Develop detailed activity plans in line with the CVA & Markets programme’s objectives, ensuring that those activity plans are implemented.
- Managing all elements of the assigned projects to meet the key program targets.
- Monitor the Cash Distribution programme’s performance in terms of outputs against activity plans and take all necessary action, in association with the CVA & Markets Manager to ensure the MPCA Programme achieve its objectives within the allotted time and budget.
- Travel frequently to programme locations to directly monitor Cash & Voucher programme activities.
- Ensure that beneficiaries, local authorities, and local staff are represented in programme planning and evaluation.
Coordination with the CVA & Markets Manager on the CVA Programmes needs related to support from Logistics, accountability, Finance and HR.
Work closely with the Markets Team to insure sharing information and keeping markets and shopkeepers under supervision.
Ensure contracted Shopkeepers are receiving all needed information on time and needed materials.
Ensure contracted Hawalas/Money Traders are receiving all needed information on time and needed materials regarding cash distributions
Work closely with CVA team to ensure Shopkeeper’s and money traders’ payments are taking place on time and submitted documents are well checked and reviewed. Other related tasks at the request of his line manager.
Staff Supervision and Leadership
- Direct management of GOAL staff assigned to the CVA Programme, including ensuring that all staff have clearly defined job descriptions and understand their responsibilities.
Provide CVA staff with needed support, training and direction.
Ensure appropriate HR planning, training and resource allocation as required for the successful implementation of programme objectives
Monitoring and compliance
- Improve the quality of services provided through support supervision of key staff, analysis and dissemination of M&E data and lessons learnt, and review of GOAL and other best practice guidelines.
- Ensure that policies and guidelines as laid down GOAL manual and policies are always adhered to.
- Ensure adherence to GOAL’s Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy and standards of integrity, as well as uphold GOAL’s whistleblowing mechanisms.
- Ensure compliance against all donor requirements, including timely quality reporting, as applicable to the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in (social science, economics, information management) or any relevant field.
- Experience of working in Syria and in the areas in which GOAL is working
- 3 work experience in a relevant sector/industry including managing a team, experience of regular cash distribution is desired
- Experience of data collection, entry and analysis and/or experience in conducting research
- Flexible about working long hours
- Detail oriented and strong clerical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with people of all backgrounds, excellent relationship building skills.
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel)
- Good communication skills (written, spoken), including excellent writing skills in English and Arabic
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively to the field (up to 80%), sometimes under difficult and insecure circumstances and stay overnight in programme areas
Application deadline is .
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Deadline to Apply is: 12th July 2020.