General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and
is contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health
service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013 responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected
communities. GOAL is working in Idleb and Aleppo Governates, both through direct implementation and
through partners, delivering an integrated food security, emergency response and water, sanitation and hygiene programme. Under Food security, GOAL delivers assistance through food kits and food vouchers, MPCA with the latter making up the majority of the food distribution caseload. In 2020 GOAL Syria plans to expand the food voucher programme to include Multi-Purpose Cash Assistance (MPCA) to the same beneficiaries receiving food assistance. This will provide the most vulnerable with the purchasing power to meet their essential food and non-food needs on a monthly basis.
Under the supervision of the CVA Manager, the CVA Senior Officer will be responsible for supporting the planning, implementation, tracking, and reporting on regular activities for food voucher and regular MPCA programme. The CVA Senior Officer will work closely with other departments to ensure that the necessary support for activities is in place.
Duties, objectives and competencies
Program Planning and Implementation
- Participate in development of annual Detailed Implementation Plans (DIP).
- Develop weekly and monthly activities plans in line with the annual DIP, and in coordination with other members of the CVA team and other departments.
- Coordinate the implementation of project activities according relevant plans
- Track progress against weekly, monthly, and annual plans. Provide accurate and timely updates and reports as needed. Identify challenges and propose solutions to ensure timely and effective implementation of activities.
- Support coordination with MEL staff to plan, implement, analyze, and review the results of PDMs and other relevant monitoring data on a monthly basis.
- Support beneficiary accountability and participatory approaches throughout the program cycle.
- Participate in the design of initiatives to monitor or strengthen program quality, including assessments, registration, and beneficiary tracking.
- Update the cashflow projections
- Update and monitoring CVA distribution trackers
- Reconciliation of the program data with MIS on a regular basis
- Updating the vouchers stock balance and the procurement plan
- Carry out regular team meetings to review data and carry out analysis, sharing the results with the CVA team
- Contribute to the developed and review of all Guidelines, SOPs and other key programme documents in coordination with CVA Manager and CVA Coordinator
Documentation and Reporting
- Support the program team in ensuring a secure and organized filing system and archive for beneficiary registration, distribution records, and other required documentation. Where necessary, cross check paper-based information with electronic ledgers and reports to ensure accurate reporting.
- Conduct basic analysis of the distribution database to support reporting to the donor or cluster. Supporting programming staff in submitting reports to the UN or cluster system including 4Ws.
- Maintain files and archives of voucher program support documentation
- Support basic analysis of program support documentation.
- Ensure timely and accurate updates to the program MEL Binder.
- Submit and follow up on requests for support from operations teams, including procurement& supply chain logistics .
- Support translation of documents between English and Arabic.
- Record and promptly disseminate minutes for partner, staff and other meetings.
- Schedule and organize and/or assist in activities such as meetings, conferences, trainings and workshops for project staff.
Bachelor’s degree qualification in food security, nutrition, science, economics, business management or any other relevant field
1-2 years’ experience in a comparable position or internship, preferably with experience in Syrian context
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic and competency of translation from English to Arabic and vice versa.
Capacity to work closely with and support local Syrian and Turkish partners.
Excellent organization skills and self-directed.
Eager to learn new GOAL processes and procedures.
Demonstrated qualities of oral and written communication skills, culturally sensitive, and the ability to work with people of all faiths, good judgment, a team player and commitment to agency’s mission.
Must be scrupulously honest and always foster an atmosphere of trust and integrity.
Excellent data analysis skills, fully capable with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel and PPT, Power BI)
Excellent interpersonal communication skills and relationship builder.
Experience in Cash or Market based programming.
Experience of proposal writing, log frame development and donor reporting.