The Campaign Manager will be an integral member of the System Organization's Funder and External Engagement Unit whose purpose is to increase the relevance of and double investment in CGIAR research through effective resource mobilization, communication, advocacy, and partnerships. In the context of CGIAR’s reformulation of its governance and management structures into a more integrated and cohesive One CGIAR, this includes supporting the transformation and positioning CGIAR’s profile and brand to secure sustainable funding for CGIAR research for development agenda to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Campaign Manager works closely with colleagues in the Funder and External Engagement Unit to ensure alignment with overall plans and prioritization of the initiatives related to the implementation of CGIAR Resource Mobilization and Advocacy Strategy.
This position requires a creative and resourceful thought leader and project manager with a talent for identifying campaign opportunities, and gravitas and competence in designing and delivering impactful and sustainable campaigns, working across multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to navigate in a complex environment and to leverage formal and informal relationships to support the goals of the campaign.
Support the design and implementation of CGIAR´s “$2 Billion Campaign” campaign, which is based on CGIAR’s Resource Mobilization Communication and Advocacy Strategy and will highlight One CGIAR´s new Research and Innovation Strategy as well as accomplishments, as CGIAR celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2021.
Working closely with the Resource Mobilization and Communications teams, coordinate the development of the campaign’s deliverables, plans and budgets, ensuring resource mobilization engagements and on-line and offline communication activities are integrated into the plans.
Contribute to the development of tactical engagements of the CGIAR´s “$2 Billion Campaign” through the identification of opportunities for delivering and promoting the campaign through a variety of channels, as well as lead some specific campaign contributions.
Support CGIAR’s investment channels and funder market teams to meet resource mobilization Goals.
Oversee the execution of the campaign plans, including the supervision of a range of engagement events around the campaign, involving multiple stakeholders.
Liaise and develop effective working relationships with internal stakeholders, partners, funders, CGIAR Champions, and other external stakeholders to facilitate collaboration and ensure campaign initiatives achieve their objectives.
Compile post-event evaluation reports for campaign stakeholders, including lessons learned to continuously enhance campaign effectiveness.
Foster and contribute to highly collaborative teamwork within designated Unit, the System Management Office, and across the CGIAR System as a whole; proactively participating in knowledge and capacity building initiatives to support the delivery of the Organization’s business and work plans.
Undertake other tasks as appropriate to further advance relevant strategies and initiatives and as assigned by the Deputy Director, Funder and External Engagement.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Advanced degree (Masters or equivalent) in International Development, International agriculture, Business Administration, Communications, or related field.
- At least 8 to 10 years’ experience in a similar position, playing a lead role in replenishment or campaign management in an international setting.
- In-depth understanding of the global investment landscape actors, dynamics, and trends.
- Working experience within a context of development/agricultural/environmental research is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a team player with the ability to establish and nurture effective working relationships in a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary, and complex environment.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication, editing, and reporting skills in English. Working knowledge of French, Spanish, Arabic, or another major language that enhances effective collaboration across the CGIAR System global operations is an advantage.
- Skilled at digital engagement, including meetings, webinars, social platforms.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software packages (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint at a minimum).**Personal Traits**
A self-starter, with strong communication, negotiation, and influencing skills.
Highly organized with the ability to multitask and remain effective under pressure.
Highest work ethics and integrity to inspires trust and credibility.
Highly effective problem-solver who can think outside the box.
Politically savvy to leverage formal and formal relationships to support the goals of the campaign