Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Santiago
Classification of duty station: [[filter12]]
Standard Duration of Assignement: [[filter13]]
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 7 to 11 months
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 10-FEB-2023
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
You are invited to submit your application to this “Call for application” using the UNESCO Career site.
In addition, if you are interested in assignments of more than 6 months of duration, you are invited to submit an offer to conduct a Consultancy in education policy, planning and financing in accordance with the following Terms of Reference (TOR). This offer is not to be construed in any way as an offer to contract with you. Your proposal could, however, form part of a ROSTER, as basis for a contract between you and UNESCO.
The offer must comprise a technical and financial proposal based in the TOR. For technical proposal we also recommend visiting the Monitoring and Planning webpage (https://es.unesco.org/monitoreo-planificacion) and an extension of no more than 1,500 words. For financial proposal see the following section.
Your offer should reach UNESCO Office in Santiago, no later than Feb 10, 2023, to the following address:
Regional Bureau for Education for La n America and the Caribbean
📌 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗮 𝗷𝗼𝗯 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗡𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀? 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗚𝘂𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗣 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟮 ✔
⚠️ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐰: 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐓𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐍𝐎𝐖!
UNESCO Santiago Office
Enrique del Piano 2058, Providencia, Santiago de Chile
SEALED PROPOSAL - DO NOT OPEN
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in the subject/reference:
Ref: STG/23/ED/EMPU/002 – Consultant in education policy, planning and finance
Closing Date: Feb 10, 2023
Expected Duration of Assignment: From 1-6 month or from 7-11 months, as required.
Education Monitoring and Planning Unit
Regional Bureau for Education for Latin America and the Caribbean UNESCO Santiago Office
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
UNESCO is the United Nations specialized agency responsible for leading the Global Education Agenda 2030 through Sustainable Development Goal 4 (SDG 4) within the framework of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The UNESCO Regional Bureau of Education for Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) based in Santiago de Chile is responsible for leading and coordinating the formula on and implementation of the E2030 regional program and is refocusing its strategies and programs to respond to the emerging needs and education trends in the region in support of Member States' efforts to achieve the ambitious goal of providing quality equitable and inclusive education and learning opportunities for all by 2030.
Within the Regional Bureau for Education, the Education Monitoring and Planning Unit represents a key area of work and a functional pillar of the E2030 regional educational program. Its work agenda is related to the products and the impact of interventions in educational policies, planning, financing, monitoring, and evaluation (M&E), as well as the provision of high-level advisory services.
The consultant in education policy, planning and financing will be responsible for supporting the Unit in specific projects aimed at strengthening and supporting national and regional capacities for the design of education policy, strategic planning, administration and management of education, financing, and resource allocation.
Possible responsibilities of the specialist include:
- Contribute to the analysis of regional education policies and their changes over time, through documentary review, systematization of experiences, compilation of qualitative information, and monitoring of national planning instruments and regulations.
- Prepare thematic documents on education policy, planning and financing focused on the systematization of experiences, the identification of good practices and lessons learned, diagnoses and recommendations. Systematize national experiences and monitor planning tools implemented by countries in the education sector.
- Provide technical assistance to countries and regional organizations in projects and initiatives related to the operational planning of educational policies (documentation, simulation models, education sector plans, financial frameworks for medium-term spending, budgeted action plans, etc.).
- Monitor and analyze national education financing schemes in the region and their resource allocation mechanisms.
- Promote the periodic and timely preparation of education financing indicators from government, private, and external sources in LAC countries, as well as their use in educational planning.
- Promote and provide support to countries in the use of cost estimation tools applied to the education sector.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to countries regarding the efficient and equitable allocation of resources to the education sector.
- Participate in the preparation of regional reports and policy documents on compliance with the Education 2030 Agenda.
- Support the development of national analyzes of the education sector.
- Contribute to the design, content, organization, and execution of activities, resources, and tools for capacity building related to education policy, planning and financing.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial) Accountability (C)Communication (C)Innovation (C)Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)Planning and organizing (C)Results focus (C)Teamwork (C)Professionalism (C)
- For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
- Education: Advanced university degree (at least master's degree or equivalent) in Education, Economics, Management, Social Sciences, Public Policy, Public Administration, or related field. A first-level college degree in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Work experience: 5 years or more of relevant work experience in Latin American and Caribbean countries, with a focus on the areas of education policy, planning and financing, of which preferably one year acquired internationally
- Demonstrated ability to manage systematization of national legislation, policies and planning instruments.