World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 34,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As Business Development Manager – National Office, WV South Sudan, you will be responsible for providing management support and facilitation to programme design and resource acquisition for World Vision's humanitarian response, resilience, and development programming. Leading a team of Programme Officers, you will be responsible for ensuring designs of proposals and concept papers are needs-based, contextually-appropriate, compliant with donor and partner guidelines, and of high quality. You will support the Program Development Director in building the program development team strategy and cultivating new and existing relationships with various stakeholders (donor governments, partners, multilaterals, UN, WV partnership offices, etc.) to grow and diversify funding.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a development field.
- Leadership experience in program design and development, funding acquisition, program monitoring and evaluation, information management, capacity building, and compliance.
- At least 3 years field experience in a relief, humanitarian, or development environment.
- At least 1 year experience managing staff and teams.
- Previous experience with successful multi-million dollar donor proposal writing and budget preparation with a variety of bilateral and multilateral donors.
- Must have a clear understanding of the working of major bilateral and multilateral donors and partners, including their requirements and standards and ability to represent WVSS in a highly professional manner.
- Evidence of high level written and spoken English language abilities.
- Juba-based with up to 30% field travel (domestic and international).