We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Manager, Business Development
Department/Location: Vienna, VA
Reports To: Business Development Management
Type: Regular Full-Time
International Business and Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a US-based international development consulting company, is seeking a Manager, Business Development with experience to work in our Vienna, VA home office. This full-time position starts immediately. IBTCI is seeking a skilled professional who has previous experience in a similar role.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of Senior Business Development Management Staff or his/her designee:
- Typically, serve as lead proposal manager of small to mid-size proposals (ranging up to 750k annually). Assist on larger proposals (over 750 k annually) or more complex proposals.
- Lead, manage and capture business development activities and staff working on those activities (e.g. opportunity identification and qualification, bids and proposals, strategic vendor relationships, and strategic teaming agreements).
- Ensure timeliness and compliance of technical and cost proposals (submissions) by managing proposal calendars, compliance checklists, trackers, etc.
- Oversee completion of all proposal components working in collaboration with the proposal team.
- Support Practice and Cost team to ensure technical cost proposal meets all solicitation requirements.
- Establish and execute a winning capture strategy, establishing partnerships, and shaping new business opportunities to match company capabilities and experience.
- Perform on-line, documentary and in-person research and analysis, as appropriate.
- Develop and present findings using written and verbal communications as required
- Coordinate with business development team and other departments as needed to meet IBTCI’s new business goals.
- Supervise/ Manage Business Development Staff/ consultants as needed
- Any other job duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years of business development experience in international development/ foreign assistance.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience with a Master’s degree (or 7 years with a Bachelor’s degree.)
- Experience managing capture and proposal process and resources for contract bids of 250k or above.
- Experience and familiarity with USAID Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposal (RFPs)
- Demonstrated ability to track opportunities, lead captures plans, and manage business development pipelines for the company and its technical practices.
- Demonstrated ability to manage proposals including analysis of RFP, translation into a work structure breakdown, schedule development and coordination of price proposal management.
- Strong writing and editing skills to draft and improve submissions content and presentation.
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and adherence to timeliness.
- Fluency in English
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, International Affairs, Economics, Business, English or related field.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Training/ Education concentration in International Development, International Business, International Marketing.
- Strong leadership and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team and assess priorities.
- Experience and familiarity with US DoS, US DoD, MCC, DfiD, UN RFP/RFA/RFQs.
- Experience with MERL, Institutional Support proposals.
- Proficiency in at least one other language preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment. Currently the company is allowing for remote work due to COVID 19 in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia (DMV) area. This can be updated by the company.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients' missions.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com. (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).