HIAS seeks an Associate Director, Financial Systems to enhance operational efficiency in the primary financial operations, including identifying, implementing and managing financial systems. These systems include accounting software, budget and budgetary control systems, project time management and updating the Chart of Accounts. S/he researches financial record keeping and reporting requirements and ensures that systems are modified to meet these requirements of donors. Additionally, s/he establishes best practices for financial systems use and ensures that these practices are used throughout the organization.
- Leads Needs Assessment for Budget software and creates a requirements document to accompany the RFP.
- Serves as Project Lead on selection, implementation and training on new Accounting Database Software, Budget software; also serves as Project Lead on a comprehensive review and revision of the Management Accounting Structure, including the Chart of Accounts.
- Facilitates organization wide training for staff in financial system use.
- Plans and implements organization wide training on the new Accounting Structure and Chart of Accounts and their use; creates reference materials and posts them on HIASNet.
- Leads Needs Assessment for Accounting database software and creates a Requirements Document to accompany the RFP.
- Oversees the maintenance and troubleshooting of financial systems and related issues organization wide; investigates efficiencies and documents issues and solutions with the financial software.
- Prepares templates for monthly management reports and dashboard for all departments and country offices.
- Takes the lead in building capacity in budget and forecast, including guidance and training documents.
- Develops tools for analysis and forecasting to provide senior leadership with better information for decision-making.
- Creates standard and custom non-profits, including Income & Expense, Profit & Loss, Budget versus Actuals and Forecast Reports.
- Creates reports that are consistent with reports required for annual audit.
- Examines all financial systems, including timekeeping with a focus on technology enhancements, project costing, grants compliance and improving operational efficiencies and makes recommendations about upgrades, changes and implementations of software solutions on an ongoing basis.
- Conducts special projects/analysis, as requested by CFO and or COO.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree required; Finance or Information Technology degree preferred.
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in IT Project Management required; experience implementing various financial systems, including accounting databases, budget software, and timekeeping systems required.
- Experience identifying and implementing technology solutions to enhance overall operational efficiencies; demonstrated experience in designing reports in financial databases.
- Experience in accounting, budgeting, forecasting and financial management preferred.
- A minimum of two years of team lead or supervisory experience.
- Ability to interact at all levels and with all departments (including Executive Leadership, finance stakeholders and others, including at the Country Office level), as well as external partners and vendors.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to multitask and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to properly prioritize work and escalate issues as needed; explains clearly and demonstrates appropriate methods to field offices and headquarters staff.
- Encourages others to identify opportunities for different and innovative approaches, facilitates implementation and acceptance of change; anticipates and responds promptly to internal customer’s needs and solicits feedback.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build effective relationships.