Position Location: Headquarters/Washington, DC
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Areas of Impact
- Maintains and continuously enhances Creative's business intelligence assets.
- Ensures timely and accurate gathering and reporting of business intelligence.
- Gathers market data and research from internal and external sources for analysis, visualization, and reporting.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of Creative's BD policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates desire to learn and grow as an international development professional and as a Creative employee.
- Demonstrates excellent skills in relationship building and exhibits Creative values in daily work.
Overall Responsibility and Reporting
This position oversees one of several inter-dependent teams housed within the Business Development Division (BDD), reporting directly to the Chief Business Development Officer (CBDO). The incumbent supervises a team of full-time analysts, who support market research, data visualization and analysis, and tracking and distribution of business opportunities. The incumbent provides timely information and analysis directly to the CBDO, as well as to Creative colleagues within BDD who support capture and bid operations for specific opportunities, as well as pre-positioning for long-term growth and diversification. The position interacts with Creative's program divisions and collaborates closely with internal support departments, including Human Resources, Finance and Contracts, Operations, and the Office of the President.
- Analyze industry and client trends and conduct in-depth analysis of client and counterpart strategies and needs in support of improved proposal design, increasing win rates, and promoting long-term growth and diversification;
- Conduct analysis of Creative's position and competitive edge in comparison with competitors' strengths and weaknesses;
- Maintain and manage Creative's business intelligence assets, including processes and architecture, as well as integrating them with other firm-wide systems;
- Collaborate closely with IT personnel on ensuring integration of business development intelligence gathering systems with other knowledge management platforms throughout the company;
- Regularly monitor, analyze, and report data pertaining to BD performance against established metrics and targets in well-organized graphics and reports for other BDD colleagues, the CBDO, Executive Committee and Board of Directors;
- Contribute to strategy development by working with Growth and Diversification team to provide timely data and analysis of key trends in the overall development landscape and client spending to identify long-term opportunities;
- Work with Capture and Bid Operations Unit and Regional BD teams to maintain pipeline updates and contribute to planning and analysis of desirable and priority pursuits;
- Collaborate with Bid Quality and Design team to analyze and draw conclusions from business development success and challenges, using win-loss analytics, BD Capability Maturity Model benchmarks, client debrief analysis, and After-Action Review (AAR) lessons learned processes;
- Undertake thematic research projects as required by the CBDO, other Creative staff;
- Attend and report on events relevant to Creative's organizational engagement and mission;
- Recruit and manage interns/consultants when available, who will assist in data collection and special project implementation;
- Assist in other business development activities, such as proposal preparation, when deemed necessary.**Qualifications**
Required Skills & Qualifications
- MA in international relations, international development, political science, or a related field;
- 8-10 years of work experience, preferably in the international development field. Experience in USAID proposal development and business intelligence required;
- Familiarity with trends, business models, data sources from other international development donors—not exclusively USAID;
- Strong data analysis and visualization, writing, editing, and organizational skills;
- Keen attention to detail a must;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Proficient with SharePoint-based databases;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Access, InfoPath, Excel, and Word;
- Ability to communicate across all levels of expertise.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with PowerBI and Adobe software.
- Knowledge of and fluency in languages other than English.
Creative Associates International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. AA/V/D.