Are you a problem solver focused on continuous improvement? Do you love data and want to use your analysis skills to solve some of the toughest problems in global health? Do you have experience developing databases and working with data warehouses? Do you speak French?
If so, you may be our next Analytics Manager and play an important role in growing our high-impact social justice organization. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and working closely with senior staff in the US and Togo, you will have the opportunity to build and strengthen the team and systems necessary to ensure Integrate Health is leveraging high-quality data and analysis to improve the health for our patients and the world’s poor.
About Integrate Health
Integrate Health (IH) is a small and rapidly growing global health organization working to serve poor communities in West Africa and New York. We believe that access to healthcare is a human right and we are committed to making this a reality in the countries in which we work. We have developed a primary healthcare approach that works, leveraging community health workers and improved care in public sector clinics to deliver better health outcomes and strengthen national healthcare systems. Having demonstrated our approach in a catchment area that serves 140,000 people, IH is scaling our model to cover 240,000 people by 2021 while developing evidence, through our embedded research unit called the Community Health Systems Lab (CHSL), to support the Government of Togo in its efforts to achieve universal health coverage. Increasingly, we are also applying the lessons learned in Togo to inform healthcare delivery in the United States.
For more information on Integrate Health, please visit www.integratehealth.org.
· Advise teams in the US and Togo on technology selection;
· Undertake primary and secondary research and deliver data-driven insights to provide credible evidence for formulating scale strategies and improving decision-making;
· Working closely with senior staff, develop and conduct quantitative analysis using global, national, and organizational-level databases;
· Develop Excel models to show the cost, public health benefit, and return on investment of scaling up an integrated approach to primary care;
· Support the development of applications and new databases to convert financial, clinical, research, and operational data into actionable information. Actively participate, lead, and support analyzing data, developing reliable indicators and metrics, and effectively and efficiently implementing improvement recommendations and action plans;
· Support the transfer of new solutions and/or processes to teams in Togo, while working with department directors and/or process owners. Help to develop project charters and implementation plans. Assist teams and team leaders using a wide variety of analytic tools and techniques.
· Support clinical and business process redesign/re-engineering and process improvement initiatives using methodologies grounded in Industrial Engineering, Implementation Science, and project management;
· Develop dashboards to provide performance feedback to multiple levels of the organization, from community health worker supervisors to senior management;
· Conduct background research and literature reviews for specific analytic projects;
· Contribute to the development of Integrate Health reports, briefs, fact sheets, and other background documents on key issues.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Graduate degree in Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Business, or other related field
· Love of Tidy Data
· Experience working with databases, data warehouses, self-service analytics tools, and/or coding
· Experience translating complex and messy analysis into clear decision points and action items,
· Attention to detail
· Determination and grit to overcome challenges and solve problems
· Experience working with public health and international development datasets
· Project management, six sigma certification, and/or experience with lean business practices
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken), with demonstrated ability to earn respect of colleagues and partners from diverse backgrounds
· Commitment to social justice and to the fundamental rights of the poor
· Fluent English and at least intermediate French ability required
· Flexibility and able to handle the unexpected with grace and humor
IH values include efficacy, empowerment, commitment, transparency, and respect. IH expects that the Analytics Manager will model and embody these values. While this is a new position for IH, the Analytics Manager will receive a high level of responsibility and will work alongside the Chief Operating Officer based in NYC while working closely with colleagues in the US and Togo. IH commits to providing a fair compensation package, support for travel as necessary, and opportunities for professional development. The Chief Operating Officer, who will supervise this position, commits to being a supportive supervisor, listening to challenges, helping to brainstorm solutions, and providing assistance in any way possible.