UN Women was established by GA resolution 64/289 of 2 July 2010 on system-wide coherence, with a mandate to assist Member States and the UN system to progress more effectively and efficiently towards the goal of achieving gender equality and the empowerment of women. Since 2001 UN Women (previously as UNIFEM) in Kyrgyzstan has implemented catalytic initiatives on promoting women’s economic, political and social rights. In 2012 a full Country Office (CO) was established.
Under the overall supervision of the Operations Manager and in close coordination with the Administrative Associate (G5), the Administrative Assistant supports the Office Operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the programme and projects staff and the Operations team to ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide general administrative and logistical support to the Office in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and strategies:
Collect information on shipments, customs clearance arrangements, prepare documents for UN Women shipments (received/sent);
Arrange travel and hotel reservations, prepare travel authorizations, process requests for visas, identity cards and other documents, collect information for DSA, as required;
Provide administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats organized for the Country Office;
Provide administrative support to property management; coordinate the cleaning services. Maintain files and records relevant to office premises and related maintenance services;
Maintain filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials, manages incoming and outgoing correspondence;
Provide executive and administrative support to the UN Women Country Representative.
2. Provide administrative support to office and assets management:
Monitor and maintain office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery and keeping a log of distribution, as required;
Maintain records on assets management and prepare required reports;
Maintain files and records relevant to office premises and related maintenance;
Perform Buyer role in Atlas and prepare Purchase Orders as Alternate;
Prepare drafts of Request for Quotations, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation.
3. Provide administrative support to the implementation of Human Resources services:
Provide support in organizing recruitment processes: create and upload vacancy announcement, compile matrixes, organize interview panels;
Maintain staffing lists and reports, as required;
Perform the duties of Leave Monitor.
4. Provide administrative support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
Provide inputs for the trainings for the operations/projects staff on administration;
Provide inputs to the CO business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs);
Provide administrative support in the organization of learning events.
Key Performance Indicators
• Adherence to UN Women rules and regulations;
• Quality support to conferences and events;
• Quality organization of files and reports;
• Timely support to team.
• Timely and quality support to the Country Representative
• Quality presentation of information
• Adherence to protocol
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
• Ability to administer administrative processes and transactions;
• Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
• Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
• Good IT and web-based management skills.
• Ability to manage data/schedule, documents, correspondence, reports, and maintain protocol and information flow;
• Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
• Ability to perform work of confidential nature;
• Ability to create, edit and present information in clear format, using appropriate IT functionality;
• Ability to administer administrative processes
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf?la=en&vs=637
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
Completion of secondary education is required.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related fields is an asset.
At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, procurement, HR, or logistic support service:
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.):
Experience in the use of ERP systems, including ATLAS, is an asset:
Experience in UN is an asset.
Fluency in English and Russian is required
Working knowledge of Kyrgyz language would be an asset.
Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women's empowerment.
All online applications must include (as an attachment) the completed Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment.
Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.