Who We Are
Peace is our commitment. The United States Institute of Peace represents the American people’s shared values and commitment to peace around the world. We know that Peace is Security – it advances both U.S. and international security by preventing, managing and mitigating violent conflict.
We are an independent, non-partisan institution and are actively engaged with peacebuilding efforts around the world. Together we tackle the toughest problems and hold fast to the possibility of a more peaceful world. (To learn more about USIP programs and job openings, go to https://www.usip.org/about/careers.
If you have a passion for making the world a better place and want to have a front row seat to the world stage, USIP is the place for you.
USIP seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant for its office in Islamabad. The position will provide a wide range of admin, finance, and procurement support to the USIP Islamabad Office (IBO) team as described below. This is a full-time position based in Islamabad and reports to the Finance and Procurement Manager.
Administration and Logistics:
* Manage IBO international visitors as well as staff travel including coordinating transportation, hotel bookings and obtaining visas.
* Support staff in leave management questions and personnel related documentation.
* Provide administrative and logistical support for USIP events.
* Purchase food, refreshments, and office supplies for IBO as needed.
Finance and Procurement:
* Assist the Finance and Procurement Manager in monitoring and recording expenditure/disbursement of funds.
* Assist Finance and Procurement Manager in photocopying/scanning and filling of paperwork, as well as other routine tasks.
* Maintain office inventory and stocks of office supplies.
* Monitor the asset management tracker to ensure all procurement and disposal of USIP property are done and recorded accurately and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
* Maintain hard and electronic office files and records.
* In coordination with the Finance and Procurement Manager ensure that all invoices are received, reviewed and paid within agreed timeframes.
* Compare and evaluate offers from the suppliers/vendors, negotiate prices, and make all necessary arrangements under the supervision of Finance and Procurement Manager.
Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferably in Accounting, Business, Finance, or HR.
* A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar position, preferably for an NGO or international organization.
* Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Strong interpersonal communication skills
All USIP contract and employee positions are contingent upon the favorable completion of a suitability background investigation.
Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, please submit a complete application package consisting of:
Completed employment application including titles, dates of hire and salary requirements.
For questions about this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send resumes or attachments to this email address.
Only those applicants that are selected for further discussions will be contacted.
No Phone Calls. Interviews will be scheduled by appointment only.
USIP is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of USIP to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, political affiliations or belief, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.