- Perform administrative support functions to facilitate the implementation of the programme/ project component activities, including personnel matters, attendance records, facilitating missions, office maintenance, reception/registry;
- Assure smooth operational running of the programme/ project by following established operational rules and procedures, including preparation of the supporting documentation for contracts and payments;
- Contribute to the programme component/ project annual and detailed implementation work plans and reports preparation in quality and timely manner based on the requirements of the UNDP and programme/ project donors;
- Support in initiating, review, processing and following-up on actions related to the administration of the unit’s human resource activities, including recruitment of personnel (and consultants), selection, relocation, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, separation, training etc., ensuring consistency in the application of UN/UNDP rules and procedures;
- Maintenance of personnel files;
- Maintenance of continued cooperation with UNDP in coordination of all HR-related issues. Participate in data collection, analysis and maintenance of programme component/ project related database and files; Keep accurate electronic and paper filing, information and records systems;
- Participate in project/ programme component activities (meetings, round tables, conferences, other public activities); preparation, implementation and follow up, take meeting minutes etc;
- Provide logistical support, including travel arrangements, accommodation, visas, tickets, etc. to the programme component/ project personnel;
- Facilitate and provide full support to programme / project monitoring, evaluation and audit missions, as well as missions of experts;
- Keep updated programme/ project inventory and assure that UNDP regulations on the equipment use, storage and proper maintenance are adhered. Assure that the programme component/ project equipment transfer/disposal is being done in accordance with UNDP rules;
- Maintain the database of all stakeholders and partners;
- Maintain contacts with relevant partners on a variety of the related issues;
- Liaise with UNDP Operations on a variety of the operations related issues: procurement, financial management and human resources;
- Provide assistance with documents translation and interpretation as needed;
- Maintain stationery and office supplies, purchase office equipment when needed;
- Handle programme component/ project telephone enquiries and correspondence;
- Provide support to various programme/ project activities at the national and sub-national levels;
- Provide support to communication activities and events of the programme/ project.
- Participation in the training for the programme/ project personnel;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Full and appropriate use of UNDP Programme Operational Policies and Procedures and UNDP Standard Operating Procedures during implementation of the Project/ Programme component.
- Programme/ project component implementation plan is fully and timely implemented;
- Relevant outputs of the programme/project annual work plan are fully and timely implemented.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others;
- Informed and transparent decision making.
- Basic research and analytical skills;
- Results-Based Approach;
- Strong communication skills;
- Client orientation;
- Quality Assurance;
- Self-Management and emotional intelligence;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with minimum or no supervision as well as part of a team;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Familiarity with UN/UNDP procedures and experience with ATLAS would be an asset;
- Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise;
- High level of creativity and excellent writing skills;
- Ability to identify problems and proposes solutions.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Human Resources, Finance, Accounting, Social Sciences or other related fields.
- At least 3 years of practical experience of working in the field of administration, finance, programme/project support or other relevant fields;
- Experience in usage of computers and office software packages (Word, Excel etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Working experience within UNDP or other UN agency will be considered as an asset;
- Experience of working in international organizations/projects will be considered as an advantage.
- Fluency in Ukrainian, English and Russian required.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: till 31 March 2021