Mercy Hands Europe (MHEurope) is a newly established NGO, registered in France and in Switzerland, with the Headquarters office located in Geneva. MHEurope is a sister organization to Mercy Hands for Humanitarian Aid (MH); they share the same vision and mission but work independent of each other and are governed by different Boards of Directors and bylaws. MHEurope implements humanitarian and development programs in different parts of the world, either directly through its field missions or through its sister organization or other local partners.
The Executive Director of MHEurope is Ms. Michela Maccabruni. MHEurope is currently working on recruiting the core staff of the organization. The Administrative Assistant is one of the core staff. MHEurope is looking for an Administrative Assistant who is capable of setting up and developing administrative policies, procedures, and tools for a start-up NGO, with help from the General Administrator of its well established sister organization.
The Administrative Assistant will be based at MHEurope's Headquarters in Geneva. The Administrative Assistant will work under the direct supervision of - and report to - the Executive Director.
START DATE, DURATION, WORKING HOURS, ELIGIBILITY
- Starting date is ASAP.
- The position is initially for a period of 12 months;
- This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week;
- Please note that for reasons related to the procedure for work permits in Switzerland, only candidates with a Swiss/EU/EFTA nationality can be considered for this role.
- Salary is 2000 CHF per month.
- Up to 500 CHF per contractual year of Humentum® online training courses.
- We offer the opportunity to work in the field in Iraq or Syria for up to 2 months per 1 contractual year - optional.
Under the guidance of the MHEurope's Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant will work closely with the General Administrator of MH to set up the administrative systems and tools for MHEurope. The following is a summary of the responsibilities:
- Develop MHEurope's administrative (general, HR, Logistics, Security, IT, filing and archiving, etc.) policies, procedures, and tools;
- Work closely with the Finance Officer to prepare for audits and organizational assessments;
Ensure staff files are updated regularly.
Ensure all staff have valid staff IDs.
Track staff attendance and leaves. Ensure proper documentation and reporting of staff attendance and leaves.
Maintain a thorough knowledge of MHEurope HR policies and advise staff where necessary accordingly.
Maintain MHEurope registration requirements in Geneva and France, and membership requirements in different networks, alliances, networks, ets;
Office administration and support;
Visa support for visitors and international employees.