- Administration and implementation of programme strategies, adapts processes and procedures
- Support to management of the CO programme/projects
- Administrative support to the Programme Unit and overall support to the Programme oversight to Projects
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes
- Provide technical guidance to the Economic and Innovation Hub and Communication Unit on the routine implementation of projects.
- Support the programme presence office and liaise with other UN agencies, government counterparts and project implementing partners on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities;
- Provide administrative support to the executing agencies / responsible parties on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances;
- Assist in drawing up the specifications and evaluation criteria for procurement requests for the units across multiple projects
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations for the programme unit.
- Provide administrative support for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
- Identify sources and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers, in collaboration with the Programme team.
- Provide administrative support in monitoring and preparation of budget and the finances of programmes/projects, and in the preparation of FACE forms;
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas.
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and procurement arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
- Prepare public information materials and briefing packets
- Liaise with high level officials on administrative issues
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Draft minutes in meetings, as delegated;
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations, in collaboration with the Programme team;
- Organize and coordinate filing of documents; maintain mailing lists.
- Assist in drafting of TORs for recruitment of consultants and managing their payment schedule in accordance with the contract and deliverables
- Assist the Junior Economist and Communication Officer in the management of budgets, administration and procurement-related matters and functions in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme
- Effective contributes to sharing competencies and expertise across projects, teams and peers
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
- Innovation -Ability to make new and useful ideas work; Level 3: Adapts deliverables to meet client needs
- Leadership -Ability to persuade others to follow Level 3: Proactively seeks and recognizes contributions of others
- People Management -Ability to improve performance and satisfaction Level 3: Appropriately involves team in different stages of work and decision-making
- Communication -Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform Level 3: Expresses information and views with adaptive reasoning and appreciation for complexity and variation
- Delivery -Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement Level 3: Takes responsibility for addressing critical situations and delivering core value
- Quality Assurance -Ability to perform administrative and procedural activities to insure that quality requirements and goals are fulfilled Level 3: Implement & Manage: Exercises skills and knowledge independently, demonstrating ability to manage self and team responsibilities, in area of work
- Project Management -Ability to plan, organize, and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals Level 3: Implement & Manage: Exercises skills and knowledge independently, demonstrating ability to manage self and team responsibilities, in area of work
- Operational Efficiency -Ability to identify and execute opportunities to improve operational efficiencyLevel 3: Implement & Manage: Exercises skills and knowledge independently, demonstrating ability to manage self and team responsibilities, in area of work
- Knowledge Facilitation -Ability to animate individuals and communities of contributors to participate and share Level 3: Implement & Manage: Exercises skills and knowledge independently, demonstrating ability to manage self and team responsibilities, in area of work
- Team building -Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of professionals towards common goals ;Level 3: Implement & Manage: Exercises skills and knowledge independently, demonstrating ability to manage self and team responsibilities, in area of work
- Completed Higher Secondary education with 5 years of related experience
- OR completed Bachelors in a related field with a minimum of 1 year of experience.
- Relevant experience in administration or programme support service.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems. Experience in supporting a team is an asset. Demonstrable ability to administer project budgets and track financial expenditure.
- Proficiency in English and Dhivehi
- Strong Communication skills in Dhivehi and English
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
For clarification and questions please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Take home pay : Approximately MVR 16,400.00
Contract Duration: 12 months