Seed Global Health is a non-profit organization which strives to strengthen health education and delivery in places facing a dire shortage of skilled health professionals. We do this by teaching and training physicians, nurses, and midwives to help save lives and improve health. By working with partner countries to meet their long-term health care human resource needs, we can achieve a future in which every country has a robust health workforce that is able to meet the health needs of its population.
Seed is seeking to hire a full-time staff member to provide operations support to the Uganda office in the position of Administrative/Logistics assistant.
The Administrative/Logistics assistant contributes his/her energy, passion, and skills primarily to supporting Seed’s Uganda country program, in a fast-paced office during a time of rapid growth. The position is a full-time position based in Kampala, Uganda.
The Administrative/Logistics Assistant supports various administration and logistics functions. Under the general guidance of Country Director, Program/MEL Manager, Deputy Country Director and the direct supervision of F&A Manager, the Administrative/Logistics Assistant provides admin and logistics services, ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. This full-time position reports to the Finance/Administration Manager and works closely with all Uganda team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include the following:
● Serve as country office receiving Officer and Acceptance Point Clerk for supplies and materials.
● Assist the F&A Manager in maintaining admin records and shared files related to procurement or other records.
● Maintain inventory of office supplies and materials. Securing and tracking all office supplies accurately to monitor usage as per set office procedures.
● Assist the F&A Manager to canvass and survey potential, appropriate supply services in order to obtain requirements in the most economical and expeditious manner consistent with regulations.
● Support the Finance and Administration Manager as a point of contact and liaison between vendors and Finance/Administration.
● Assist in generating payment requests for activities relating to both operations and programs including filing and documentation under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager.
● Assist in maintaining the Asset register and inventory log up-to-date including custody of office supplies, inventory and assets as per set procedures.
● Assist in maintaining and updating the contracts log with details of vendors/suppliers/contractors periodically.
● Regularly check the Seed generic emails for procurement and administrative correspondences and cover the front desk phone service from time to time. Also check the Seed postal office box periodically for any physical mails/parcels.
● Assist the Finance and Administration Manager to ensure the periodic maintenance/replacement schedules for equipment or items.
● Support the F&A Manager and Country Director as needed with emergency action plan exercises requiring logistical planning and organization.
● Handle petty cash payments and replenishment including reconciliation and documentation of petty cash transactions.
● Support the Finance and Administration Manager in implementing set administrative policies and procedures.
● Perform other duties and tasks as assigned or required to support the mission of Seed in Uganda.
● Support in delivery and collection of mail, documents, supplies and other items from time to time including picking up office purchases or other administrative needs.
● Provide all necessary logistical support to the country office during emergency and routine events such as meetings, workshops, conferences and symposiums.
● Interacting with clients, partners and stakeholders with utmost professionalism and courtesy.
● Maintaining an organized travel schedule for both program and operations activities for better planning and coordination.
● Ensuring that the vehicle has sufficient fuel and is always ready for use including arranging for vehicle service and repairs when necessary.
● Coordinating out-sourced transport services as and when required especially during peak periods.
● Support the Finance and Administration Manager in facilitating immigration and customs processes/formalities as required.
● Support the Finance and Administration Manager in implementing set operations policies and procedures with regards to logistics.
● Perform other related duties as required.
● Under the direct supervision of the F&A Manager, provide general administrative support including coordinating travel, scheduling meetings, and creating and distributing written materials.
● A minimum of a Bachelor's degree from a recognized University in the areas of business administration, procurement and logistics, office and information management or related. Prior administrative/logistics support experience would be a plus.
● At least 2 years’ work experience working preferably with an NGO
● Passion and commitment to Seed’s mission
● Strong sense of accountability, personal initiative, and responsibility
● Excellent interpersonal skills, including flexibility, adaptability & initiative
● Demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to build respectful relationships with colleagues from different cultural, linguistic, and educational backgrounds;
● Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and young organization work environment
● English proficiency – both verbal and written.
● Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and proactively solicit required guidance to attain agreed deliverables
● Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, including strong proficiency in Excel and Word.
● Clean bill of health/nature of this work may exclude some people with physical disability.
● Possession of a valid driving license class B with at least three years clean driving experience in town settings.
● Will be based in Kampala, Uganda
● Will be 70% office and 30% running office errands.
● Will be expected to travel domestically several times per year
● Competitive base salary commensurate with experience, health insurance, life insurance and related benefits.