Fixed-term contract - 6 months
Starting date : 15/08/2022
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Learn more on our history, our values, our areas of intervention.
Focus on our activities in Venezuela
PUI has been responding to the Venezuelan crisis since 2019. The programs aim to improve the access of Venezuelan migrants to high-quality medical care and psycho-social support.
What about the Administrative & Financial Coordinator ?
As Administrative and Financial Coordinator, you will be accountable for the sound financial, accounting and budgetary management of the mission as well as the management of human resources and the administrative and legal records. You will be the financial, administrative and HR representative for the mission, both internally and externally (donors, authorities, NGOs, etc.).
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Financial, budgetary and accounting management: You will be responsible for all aspects relating to finance, including budgetary and accounting elements, as well as the mission cash flow.
- Management of human resources: You will be responsible for the administrative management of the local and international teams, for the definition/updating of procedures and HR management tools in accordance with labor regulations in the intervention country and the HR policies of PUI, and for the monitoring of risks linked to HR questions.
- Administrative and legal management: You will supervise administrative records and guarantee that the status and functioning of the mission are in legal accordance with the requirements of the intervention country.
- Representation: You will represent the association in its relations with partners, authorities and different local players for the financial, administrative, legal and human resources areas of the mission. You will be proactive in the development of PUI's inter-NGO financial network (administrative, financial, legal, HR, etc.).
- Coordination: You will centralize and diffuse information within the mission and to headquarters for all financial, administrative, legal and human resources aspects of the mission, and consolidate the internal and external reporting for these domains.
The challenges that await you:
- Structure the admin / fin / HR department: write the SoPs, define internal policies, build capacities of the national staff
- Follow-up and supervise implementing partners’ process and admin / fin work and build their capacities
- Create an effective network with the other humanitarian actors in the area, in order to solve, mutualize and capitalize about the barriers of access
What you will need to succeed
- Training : You hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in financial / accounting management. A technical background related to one of our activity sectors, in project management, human resources management, will be appreciated.
- Experience : You are strengthened by minimum 3 years of experience in financial / accounting management. A previous experience abroad in Humanitarian action would be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills : You master financial management and team management, you have a sound knowledge of institutional donor procedures. Excel has no secret for you, and you master the use of SAGA accounting software.
- Qualities : You are a good communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate good team spirit, analytical capability, a sense of responsibility, organisational skills, reactivity, and an ability to adapt. You have a good resistance to pressure and particularly in unstable circumstances.
- Languages : English and Spanish have no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak French, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« Join a great team in a very challenging context! »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Cadre with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 650,00 - 3130,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses ("Per Diem")
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?