Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm currently has field presence in over 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Project Description: Creative Associates International (Creative) is seeking an Administrative and Finance Director for the anticipated USAID-funded Bridge to Middle School Project in Morocco. Based in Rabat, the project will support the Ministry of Education in improving improve students' ability to master keys skills in the upper primary and middle school grades (junior secondary). The project will a) improve the ability of teachers to teach critical thinking, literacy, math, and science skills in upper primary grades, b) support the MOE's ability to provide high quality literacy and instruction in Arabic and English in middle school, c) support the MOE's ability to provide high quality science, technology, and math in middle school.
Project Duration: 5 years
Position Start Date: Anticipated February/March 2022
Position Location: Rabat, Morocco
Reporting & Supervision: The Administrative and Finance Director will report to the Chief of Party.
- Ensure that the project meets all donor contractual requirements and complies with donor policies and
- Receive and account for all funds for the project (performing weekly and monthly cash checks).
- Liaise between Creative Associates' field and headquarters
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting and review of project
- Participate in budget planning, annual workplans, and realignments as
- Track the transfer of funds between headquarters and the field office and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses, including developing spreadsheet programs for tracking and monitoring all financial project activities, and maintaining spreadsheets with current project expense data.
- Provide Project Director/HQ updates on the status of fund requests and work with Finance and Contracts (F&C) in Washington, DC to ensure the timely transfer of funds.
- Submit wire transfer requests for field offices to F&C for
- Oversees check requests and wire transfer requests for payments to vendors in compliance with contract
- Support the COP to ensure both the project and the local Creative office are in compliance with local registration laws, fiscal laws and tax regulations.
- Work closely with field-based subcontractors to ensure budgets, projections, and invoices are completed according to Creative/USAID policies and
- Reviews and oversees the invoices and in-field fee payments in accordance with Creative accounting procedures and contract
- Provide financial management and systems training for project staff.
- Oversees maintenance of database of accounting documents, in both electronic and hard
- Consolidate accounting data into a monthly return to be forwarded to Headquarters in paper and electronic
- Oversees the consolidate process of accounting data into a monthly return to be forwarded to Headquarters in paper and electronic
Support implementation of Creative's security protocols and provide leadership in handling security-related issues.
Prepare the requisite financial documents and
Draft quarterly and annual financial reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information and forward to F&C for review and approval by the
Other related duties as
- Oversee office management, work assignments and planning in coordination with
- Oversee the maintains contract with key admin contacts:
- Moroccan administration, government
- Office services providers (Utilities, phone and internet)
- Project partners
- Serve as the project security manager which includes:
- Assist with project-related legal issues, in collaboration with the COP and HQ
- Oversee and is responsible for the overall success and maintenance for all HR, procurement, operations, and office administrative**Qualifications**
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- S. degree in accounting or financial management or a B.S. degree with at least 2 years of additional experience in lieu of the M.S. is required.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in financial management is
- Previous financial management of a donor-funded project in
- Public or private sector management, financial analysis, cost accounting and relevant experience preferably in developing
- Knowledge of USAID financial rules and regulations is
- Professional working proficiency in English and in Arabic is
- Moroccan nationals and residents are highly encouraged to apply