The Administration and Finance Officer is a member of National Association for Family Empowerment team, reporting to the Project Manager. The purpose of the Administration and Finance Officer Position is to ensure that administration and finance for the project “Women Economic Growth towards Sustainable Peace and Security”, are performed in an efficient and cost effective manner while also adhering to legal considerations and donor requirements.
The Administration and Finance Officer will be in charge of: (a) HR issues and property management; (b) transport and logistics; (c) accounting, payments and financial reporting (d) Management of office tasks. The Administration and Finance Officer will perform his/her duties and responsibilities in accordance to projects proposal and budget in addition to the programmatic, administrative and financial policies/ regulations of the National Association for Family Empowerment.
The Administration and Finance Officer is responsible for:
Office/project Finances and Accounting
· Check invoices by verifying mathematical accuracy and ensuring that appropriate procurement authorization and supporting documentation are attached;
· Check all payment and purchase requests for travel related expenses and advances to staff ensuring that payments and purchases are supported by the relevant documentation
· Review, adjust and reconciling outstanding advances and pre-paid, and accruals including bank reconciliations.
· Preparation of disbursement vouchers, checks and bank transfer requests and ensure all the supporting documentation is attached and bank account information are correct and updated;
· Review expenditure reports submitted by partners and sub-grantees for accuracy and compliance to donor requirements;
· Preparation of financial reports, annual budgets and quarterly analysis.
· Record all transactions on the financial software (Quickbooks)
· Review purchase requests (PR) for completeness and approvals;
· Review analysis quotations, and summary bid analyses (SBA);
Human Resource Management
· Maintain personnel files on all current and future employees;
· Supervise job announcements and assist in interviewing and hiring;
· Maintain times sheets, attendance sheets, employment contracts, annual and sick leave;
· Ensure all NAFE and project equipment are safeguarded and maintained appropriately through regular service, as appropriate;
· Assure that office communication and correspondences are properly filed and maintained;
Ensure appropriate transport and logistics measures are implemented for smooth implementation of activities and operations.
The successful Admin/Finance Officer must be a self-directed individual with the following qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related fields, or equivalent combination of education and work experience;
· Experience using financial software; mainly Quickbooks
· Minimum 3-years accounting/finance experience in addition to administration, logistics, and procurement related experience preferably from NGO sector;
· Effective team player, able to develop and maintain effective working relationships within a distributed and dynamic team;
· Competence with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook;
· Proficiency in written and oral English and Arabic required;
· Able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively;
· Requires extensive written and verbal communication skills needed to motivate, convince, and/or change behavior or attitude of contacts;
· Flexibility in accepting work assignments;