UNODC seeks to recruit a professional that will support the implementation of Sub-Programme 1 (Transnational Organized Crime/TOC and Illicit Trafficking) under the Country Programme 2017-2020. This sub-programmes seek amongst other to counter the trafficking of illegal timber from targeted area of Indonesia. UNODC in partnership with The Ministry of Environment and Forestry is undertaking a programme to investigate, prosecute and adjudicate cases linked to forestry.
POIDN seeks to recruit a Programme Associate who will be responsible to support the implementation of delivering and facilitating the sub-programme activities under the overall guidance of the Country Manager and the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator. The Programme Associate will render all assistance necessary to the Programme Coordinator in the planning, implementation and delivery of the project/sub-programme on a day-to-day basis, and programme reporting. She/ He will ensure that the activities are planned to produce the results specified in the project document and Sub-Programme to the required standards of quality and within the specified time and cost.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Support the project team to ensures implementation of programme strategies;
- Provide effective support to the planning, budgeting, and implementation of the project;
- Support the Programme Coordinator maintain partnerships for project implementation with implementing partners;
- Supports the Programme Coordinator provide top quality support services to the nationally implemented programme; and
- Supports the Programme Coordinator facilitate knowledge building and management, producing and disseminating lessons learned from designated programmes and support to the promotion of cross-project, cross-unit knowledge fertilization.
1. Support the project team to ensure effective implementation and achievement of results focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Independently provides full range of project management and implementation assistance at all phases of the project cycle for the forestry crime sub programme, seeking guidance whenever necessary from Programme Coordinator.
- Coordinating the administrative aspects of the sub programme planning and preparation work for delivering activities of the forestry crime programme in consultation with relevant stakeholders
- Renders assistance in mobilising goods and services and other project inputs, including preparing ToRs for expert consultants, meetings, training programmes and workshops;
- Compile data on sub programme implementation such as details of participants, gender segregation, agencies represented for all training, meetings, workshops and updates the Training Register
- Provide high quality analysis and draft presentation of information/data on specific project and related topics; highlight noteworthy issues/trends for consideration by stakeholders and Project Steering Committee.
- Effective implementation of project standard operating procedures, effective monitoring of project performance and timely production of results oriented draft progress reports in line with the government, UNDP’s regulations and donor agreements.
- Provides monthly inputs for updating the SmartSheet for the M & E Team.
2. Provide effective support to the planning, budgeting, and implementation of the project
- Assistance in preparing the sub programme annual work plan and quarterly work plan for implementation in consultation with stakeholders
- Maintain constant liaison with all beneficiary agencies to ensure timely delivery of activities and Provision of guidance to the executing agencies on routine implementation of projects activities, tracking use of financial resources
- Preparation and analysis of project budget proposals including budget revisions; prepares monitoring checklists, coordinates submissions of work proposal and budget estimates
- Provides additional inputs and data for external project reports as necessary and required by the Programme Coordinator.
- Maintains shadow budgeting to ensure that budgetary limits are not exceeded in accordance with UNODC budgetary provisions
3. Provides administrative support to the Project Management Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of guidance to implementing partner and serves as focal point for coordination, monitoring and expedition of project implementation activities, involving extensive liaison with all stakeholder agencies to initiate requests, prepare standard terms of reference against project objectives, obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on administrative actions and resolve issues related to project implementation,
- Provision of secretariat services to working groups, meetings, drafts and prepares and circulates briefs, agenda notes to members/participants; compiles background documentation; drafts minutes of the meeting; monitors follow-up actions, etc.
- Work closely with the counterparts in the field of criminal justice to prepare and disseminate relevant programme documents on the Criminal Justice for review by the relevant institutions;
- Support, coordinate and monitor programmes implementation and activities as well as coordinate and liaise with government counterparts, donors and other stakeholders;
- Raise awareness of the government counterparts and donors on the use of UNODC manuals, handbooks, guides, standards and norms related to Criminal Justice;
- Enhance the collaboration with other international, bi-lateral and non-governmental organizations active in the area of criminal justice reform in Indonesia;
- Effective collaboration with National project manager on various planning instruments such as internal work plans; provides assistance on reporting requirements, guidelines, rules and procedures and ensures completeness and accuracy of data submitted.
- Lead project team in preparation of formal closures of projects, final budget revision, transfer of equipment, clearance, publication and distribution of final report.
4. Support strategic partnerships and support to the implementation of resource mobilization
- Establishment and monitoring of updated internal databases relevant to the scope of project activities.
- Initiates and maintains partnerships with development partners, government institutions, private sector, civil society and other stakeholders to contribute to the achievement of project results;
- Prepares substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation and tracks timely receipt of pledged funds from the donor
- Preparation of correspondence and communications related to all aspects of project administration, including work plan and budgets, revisions and other implementation related issues with all stakeholders
- Encourages stakeholder buy-in and ownership in implementation of project activities through in-kind contribution
5. Supports Programme Coordinator facilitate knowledge building and management, producing and disseminating lesson learnt from designated projects and support to the promotion of cross-project, cross-unit knowledge fertilization focusing on the following results:
- Organise training on a variety of forestry crime topics;
- Synthesise lessons learned and best practices in programme support management;
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Contribute to development of knowledge products related to the programme.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Advocacy/Advancing A Policy-Oriented Agenda
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for a variety of audiences
- Makes research of contacts in the media, government, private sector, donors, other agencies, civil society in other stakeholders for UNODC’s advocacy efforts
Results-Based Programme Development and Management
- Provides information for linkages across programme activities to help identify critical points of integration
- Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation
- Participates in the formulation of project proposals
Building Strategic Partnerships
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Maintains databases of donor information
- Tracks and reports on mobilized resources
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches
- Documents and tracks innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
- Tracks bottlenecks, problems and issues, and proposes solutions
- Responds positively to new approaches
- Maintains information/databases on potential and actual donors
- Maintains database of project files
- Provides data and information needed for preparation of project documents
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Identifies new and better approaches to work processes and incorporates same in own work
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools, and utilizes these regularly in work assignments
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNODC’s Goals
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for UNODC’s goals for a variety of audiences
- Maintains a network of contacts in the media and civil society, for use in UNODC’s advocacy efforts
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
Required Skills and Experience
Minimum Bachelor Degree in Law, Forestry, International Relations, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or other relevant fields of study would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
Minimum 5 years of professional experience, preferably in the field of development for candidates with Bachelor Degree.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is an absolute necessity;
- Fluency in written and spoken Bahasa Indonesia is required.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of UNDP development projects in Indonesia.
- Solid experience in leading team to support project administration.
- Strong knowledge and solid experience in project management support are essential as well as ability to draft correspondence on budget-related issues, briefing notes, graphic and statistical summaries, accounting spreadsheets, etc
- Good inter-personal and team building skills.
- Full time availability for project management support duties is essential.
- Solid knowledge on with Government and UN/UNDP procedures
- Advance computer skills required, knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages
- Experience in handling of web based management systems would be highly desirable.
APPLICANT MUST COMPLETE P11 FORM AND SUBMIT AS PART OF THEIR APPLICATION. Click here to download the form: - http://bit.ly/P11system
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements.