- In cooperation with the Serbia Creates PR Manager, prepare and implement a semi-annual communication plans;
- Assist in formulating messages and identifying communication channels for different target groups with regard to the Serbia Creates programme areas and projects;
- Ensure the implementation of communications activities included in the plan;
- Keep abreast of most recent political, economic and social developments, and keep the staff informed of any news, which can affect Programme activities;
- Prepare press releases and media advisories, speeches or talking points, articles and success stories, organize and coordinate press conferences, book media interviews, in close coordination with Serbia Creates PR Manager;
- Organize and facilitate media coverage of the Serbia Creates work (in various print and electronic media, inclusive of social media);
- Prepare communication and brand documents and publications:
- Contribute to the writing of documents, publications, and other outreach products identified in the plan;
- Advise on publication policy, provide editorial and branding support (including through communication with designers, and technical persons).
- In cooperation with the Team, prepare a semi-annual brand development plans;
- Ensure the implementation of the activities defined in the plan;
- Advise on the brand positioning through various public and media activities, building new and strengthening existing partnerships;
- Ensure adequate visual implementation/presentation of the Serbia Creates brand across all events, brand appearances, printed and digital materials, etc. in accordance with the brand book;
- Oversee the production of all in-house and partner events;
- Performing other duties as required.
- Good project communication products prepared;
- Project outreach materials timely prepared;
- Project reports prepared;
- Effective support in organization of events provided .
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling ethical standards;
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to critical feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors;
- Excellent information technology skills, including word processing, database applications, presentation software, and internet;
- Compliance with UNDP rules, regulations and policies ensured.
- Minimum University Education in the area of social sciences or secondary education with at least 7 years of relevant professional experience.
- At least BA and 5 years of relevant experience in the area of communications and brand development or a secondary education with at least 7 years of relevant professional experience.
- Work experience in an international organization, government institution, or non-governmental organization would be an asset.
- Experience in organizational activities; evidence of ability to express ideas clearly; to work independently and in teams; to demonstrate a sense of self-assuredness combined with cultural and gender sensitivities.
- Proficiency in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of social media and online platforms.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of Serbia's political, institutional and socio-economic situation;
- Profound understanding of creative industries and relevant government policies in this area;
- Familiarity with the main governmental, nongovernmental and international actors in the field of creative industries will be considered an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Serbian and English.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 6 months, with possibility of extension