Interview questions and Written test for Community Services Assistant
Interview questions for Community Services Assistant
1. What is the mandate of UNICEF?
2. What is the role of the Participatory Assessment and Age, Gender and Diversity Mainstreaming in UNICEF Operations worldwide?
How would you apply these to the context in Israel?
3. Please give an example of when you have had to prioritize your workload with conflicting and competing objectives.
4. What are the objectives for Community Services globally? What, in your opinion, should they be in Israel?
5. What in your opinion are the largest challenges for CS in Israel?
6. UNICEF’s Policy for on Child Protection – How would you suggest Israel best implement this new policy?
7. One of the roles of the CS Assistant will be to work alongside the Implementing Partners. How would you propose these relationships could be managed most effectively? How would you propose to deal with the situation where, as one example, uncareer.net ARDC’s shelter is completely over-capacity but we still refer individuals in need of emergency accommodation to them?
8. How would you propose to improve the communication and contact UNICEF have with the communities?
9. How would you deal with the following situation: An individual asylum seeker is on the phone demanding that you help him with a number of issues – he has no work visa and is unable to find employment, he does not have anywhere to sleep and no medical insurance. He has already been to the office on a number of occasions and each time referred to the IPs who are unable to offer a solution. What would you do? uncareer.net
𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗚𝗲𝘁 𝗮 𝗝𝗼𝗯 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡! 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗚𝘂𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗨𝗡𝗛𝗖𝗥, 𝗪𝗙𝗣, 𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗖𝗘𝗙, 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗦𝗦, 𝗨𝗡𝗙𝗣𝗔, 𝗜𝗢𝗠 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝘀!
Written Test for Community Services Assistant
Listed below are some of the challenges documented by the Implementing Partners in their latest monthly report, please list the order in which would attempt to tackle the issues with a short explanation of your rationale. What would you do to address the issues globally?
§ Still not enough food to meet the needs of all the people who ask.
§ Still not enough room to house all those who ask.
§ Still turning away at least one woman a week – although only one in 5 (approx) returns repeatedly to try and get access – the rest clearly find another solution.
§ Additionally, we were unable to enroll all waitlisted Hebrew students to the first summer term, due to space concerns.
§ We need more Arabic speakers and Tigrinya translators ( uncareer.net)
§ Access to asylum seekers in Ktsiot continues to be difficult. We are still denied entrance to the wards.
§ The number of applications from employers inquiring about Asylum Seekers' visas has increased. We believe that this action is connected to the government's large-scale campaign to discourage employment of illegal migrant workers.
§ Parents behaviour and methods of child care do not fit to their lives here.
§ The volunteering period of a large group of volunteers ends in June. There’s a need to recruit and train additional volunteers to work during the summer.
§ Wolfson Hospital are threatening to cancel the discount and referrals agreement that is in place.
Discover why United Nations jobs are in high demand and learn how to boost your chances of securing a rewarding career within this prestigious organization.
Discover the salary and benefits that UN Volunteers receive, and learn how you can become a part of this global organization.
Learn the process of becoming a UN Volunteer and discover how you can make a difference in the world by contributing your skills and passion to international development.
Discover how to land a paid internship at the United Nations and boost your career. Learn about the application process, eligibility criteria, and tips to secure your spot in a prestigious UN agency.
Explore and compare various appointment and contract types in the United Nations system including Permanent, Fixed-Term, and Temporary Appointments, along with Consultant, Individual Contractor roles, UN Volunteer opportunities, and internships.