All samples provided only for educational purposes. It's strictly prohibited to copy them, publish and release on other sites.
Terms of Reference for Short-term Professional Staff (Special contracts)**
Duty Station: Kosovo
Position Title: Programme Manager
Classification: Official, Grade P4 (UN Salary Scale for Professionals)
Type of Appointment: 6 months with a possibility of extension
Working under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), IOM Kosovo, the incumbent will be
responsible for the implementation of the Kosovo Protection Corps Training Programme (KPCT).
Specifically, he/she will:
1. Guide and coordinate the overall implementation of the KPC training modules.
2. Manage, direct and supervise IOM staff involved in the KPC training including the Management
Advisory Teams (MATs), IOM Sub-Offices staff and KPC Roving Technical Advisors.
3. Coordinate training activities closely with the KPC. Maintain contacts with the KPC leadership
at the Central Headquarters and Regional Headquarters level.
4. Develop and maintain close collaboration with the United Nations Interim Administration
Mission in Kosovo (UNMIK) and the Kosovo Force (KFOR), both at the Technical Working
Group level and in the day-to-day running of operations.
5. Identify and develop liaison with other agencies and organizations providing assistance and
services to the targeted beneficiary group.
6. Provide periodic reports, evaluations and statistical reports at all required levels.
7. Other tasks within the incumbent’s capacity as identified by the IOM Kosovo Chief of Mission.
· University degree, preferably in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Law or equivalent
education and training relative to the enumerated tasks
Technical Competencies required
· Ability in developing liaison with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with
· Sound knowledge of programme implementation and familiarity with financial and business
· Civil protection and disaster preparedness experience
· Coaching and mentoring ability
· Strong background in institutional and capacity building
Personal/Interpersonal Skills required
· Ability to supervise and direct staff
· Stamina, determination, commitment and adaptability in the workplace
** This is a sample for the purpose of illustrating how to elaborate terms of reference. It does not
necessarily reflect the current activities of the manager of this project.
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills
· Drive for results and effective resource management skills
· Operational experience in the Balkans area of particular interest
· Understanding of complex social-political environments, especially of post-conflict situations
· Sensitivity toward other cultures and dedication to the promotion of inter-ethnic co-operation and
· Ability to work under difficult conditions, while maintaining security awareness
· Flexibility and focus on processes and their improvements
· Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional
· Ability to lead a team effectively in order to achieve the desired goals.
§ Must be able to work under extreme pressure and in emergency situations
§ Thorough knowledge of English, working knowledge of French, and/or one of the regional languages
is an advantage
In case you have any questions please check FAQ about UN recruitment or feedback me to firstname.lastname@example.org or
Steven White, CEO Uncareer.net
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now