Job Code : HIHFAD-2019-010
Job Title: Water treatment expert
Reports To: WASH program Manger
Job Location: Gaziantep
Monthly Working Hour : 176 Hours
Closing date: 10th February 2019
Brief description of HIH:
Hand in Hand for Aid and Development (HIHFAD) operating as Hand in Hand for Syria, was established as a UK registered charity soon after the start of the Syrian crisis in 2011 by a group of British Syrians in order to deliver humanitarian assistance to civilians impacted by the conflict in Syria. From humble beginnings the charity has grown to become one of the leading humanitarian actors serving Syrian communities both inside Syria and in neighboring countries, employing over 700 staff in Syria, Turkey and the UK.
HIHFAD is implementing multi-sectoral humanitarian assistances, especially strong on Health and protection, as well as multiple projects on WASH, FSL and SNFI in northern Syria.
Purpose of the Position:
· The person who will fill this position will be responsible for the design and operation of mobile water treatment plants
· Prepare all technical conditions for plants
· Prepare the work plan for the stations
· Supervising the movement of the stations and the water distribution plan
· Supervising the implementation of tanks
· Supervise the distribution of chlorine
· Prepare BOQs for water treatment units,
· follow up water treatment project, provide WASH manager with daily, weekly, and monthly reports,
· supervise the bid analysis of the water treatment unit,
· conducting multi inspections for the water treatment in Turkey.
· rise the capacity building for WASH team in Syria in water treatment unit (usage of it & maintenance). Water treatment plan consultant will be based in Turkey 60% and Syria 40%
Knowledge and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in either of water supply and sanitation engineering, hydraulic engineering, civil Engineering architect or related field
· At least 7 years’ work experience water treatments plans
· Experience in remote project management
Skills and Abilities:
· Very good knowledge in Auto CAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Experience in water purification stages.
· good English written and spoken.
· Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability in an ever-changing environment.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now